4 Months Old!!!


Our baby is now 4 Months Old! Where has the time gone?? He went for his 4 Month Checkup on Wednesday. I think it was harder on John to see him get his shots than it was on Jax. He did scream, but was laughing at his Daddy again in a matter of seconds after being picked up. He did a lot worse before the appointment than after the shots. I stopped with him at Babies-r-us to shop before the appointment. So we got on Bill Morris Parkway to head to the doctor. Unfortunately, I thought that Mt. Moriah was the exit right after Bill Morris Parkway so we went the wrong way on 240. I thought, no big deal. I'll get off on Poplar because Mt. Moriah crosses right over Poplar. Then I couldn't remember the stupid name that Mt. Moriah changed to at this intersection. By the way, why does Memphis do this??!! Can't any street retain it's name until it dead ends?? So, I ended up driving around in awful traffic with Jax screaming for 15 minutes. Finally, I called my hairdresser and he reminded me it was Mendenhall. Jax had broken out into bright red splotches all over by the time we got there. Thank goodness Dr. Miller could look at it and tell me he was fine. It was just from getting so upset. Sometimes I really hate Memphis!

I don't have my sheet with me, so I'll probably have to edit these numbers tonight.

Here are his 4 Month Stats:
Height: 24 1/2 inches; 40th percentile
Weight: 13 lbs, 14.5 oz; 20th percentile
Head: 41 cm; 20th percentile


He currently enjoys: squealing, talking, watching his BabyFirst TV, rolling over, playing with toys, taking a bath, watching the dogs play, sitting outside on the porch, spending the night with Grandaddy & SaSa, helping hold his bottle while drinking, squeezing or scratching our faces, ears, and noses, pulling hair, watching his night light show, pulling up when you hold his hands, and his favorite thing right now is (drum roll) chewing on his fists/fingers/hands or whatever combination he can get into his mouth.

Here he is in his carseat before we left.

He really likes bathtime now. We've really gotten into a routine (which I picked up from here) of playing after his 7:00 bottle, then off to a bath, baby massage, read a book, then down for the night. I do pick him up for a dream feed (he rarely even opens his eyes) before I go to bed between 10 and 11. He sleeps all night, but some mornings will awake earlier than others.


He also falls asleep on his own in his crib every night. Bedtime is usually around 8:00. He cuddles up to this little sleeping blanket thingy. It's so sweet.

I turn on his Night Light Show when I put him to bed. He loves to listen to the music and watch the animals float across the wall and ceiling.

He loves playing with his toys on his Boppy Mat.

Dr. Miller suggested that we start trying fruits and veggies now! I can't believe he is ready for baby food!! I'm thinking we'll try that this weekend. We have Homecoming at our church on Sunday. So that will be fun to have everyone back HOME!

Last Sunday was my first Mother's Day. Jax woke up before 5 that morning to spend EXTRA time with me! I really did wake up with a big smile. I remembered last year on Mother's Day Jax was my little secret! I knew I was pregnant, but we weren't telling anyone because of the miscarriage. There was certainly a time last year that I wondered if I would really get to be a Mother. So this Mother's Day was very special for me. We went to church and then to my parent's house for lunch. We spent the rest of the day by the pool. John cooked me a wonderful dinner, and even picked up my favorite ice cream: Edy's French Silk! I discovered it while pregnant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party