BabyFirst TV

So, John and I ordered BabyFirst TV channel for Jax that is designed for children 3 and under. Now, I am a firm believer in not allowing the tv to be a "babysitter" for my child. I grew up playing outside and using my imagination, and Jax will too. But while he is a baby who cannot even crawl yet, he is very entertained by watching things. Especially moving things. Like faces/people, his mobile, his night light show, the dogs run around...and yep, BabyFirst TV.

If you want to know the reasons that we think it's so great, click on WHAT CAN BABYFIRST TV DO FOR MY BABY?

One of my favorite things about it is that it is coded so that you understand what they show is about. This is the color code below:

Yellow Flower for Thinking Journey (creative thinking)
Blue Flower for Numbers Parade (math)
Green Flower for Sensory Wonderland (sensory)
Red Flower for Language Playground (language)
Orange Flower for Feelings Garden (social skills)
Pink Flower for Imagination Lane (creative play)
Multi-Colored Flower for Rainbow Dreams (soothing lullabies)

So while I do endorse this channel, I also want to say that we do not rely on tv alone to entertain or educate him. We lay in the floor and play. I read him a book every night. We go outside and play with the dogs. We sing him songs. And, I think all of these things are important because they stimulate his mind. Besides, with our big ole' tv, he's bound to look at it at some point. Thank goodness we found a way to make it educational for him when he does. So if you've got a little one that likes to look at the tv, you should definitely get this channel!! I have to say, Jax really loves it, but I am sure it will not hold his attention once he learns to crawl.

Comments

April S. said…
You are too funny! I think that channel sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, we don't have a big tv and Tatum just won't sit down and watch Baby Einstein, VegeTails, or anything else.(She is too busy working on crawling right now I think) You and John are great parents and I know that Jax is so smart and advanced already and with parents like you two he is bound to be creative and have the best personality ever. Love the blog, but I miss the pictures! Have a great (LONG) weekend!
Anonymous said…
you know you can watch babytv free online by going to the website babytvchannel.com and clicking on 'On Demand'.
I am also 29, i have two girls, they love it
enjoy

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party