Cloth Diapers
Long before Jax was born, I decided that we would use cloth diapers with him. Then, I ended up on bed rest after only purchasing 2 cloth diapers. So, we came home to disposables and have been using them thus far. We've only had to buy 3 packages of disposable diapers thanks to all the ones we received as shower gifts!! But after having several overnight accidents, I finally decided to try the cloth diapers. He did great with them. So, I've got 17 total that we will be "trying out." The first one is a pocket diaper by Mommy's Touch.
These are not your old fashioned cloth diapers with pins! The pocket allows you to stuff them with as many inserts as needed. So, overnight the diaper can look pretty bulky. But during the day, it's actually pretty trim. And for those of you wondering about the messy diapers, they have flushable disposable liners! Jax is pretty predictable with his one poopy diaper in the morning. So, we'll just use the liner for the morning until the coast is clear! We also have the bumGenius One Size cloth diaper (also a pocket). One-sized diapers are designed to fit a baby up to 35 lbs. Both of these brands are the one-size, and snap down for a smaller fit. It's pretty neat. So, they should certainly last!
Anyway, I know that I can sell them if it turns out to be a flop. These diapers always sell on eBay or the online diaper exchanges. Besides the fact that they feel so much softer against skin than disposables, there is also the money factor. No joke, but over time it should save us somewhere around $2500 according to this chart. That is assuming that I don't go crazy over some of the super cute ones that I could order - they even have camo. However, I tried to be practical so I only ordered solids. I would have preferred all white ones, but couldn't get them with the deal I got. We'll still use disposables for travel though. But, I've become a sucker for convenience since having Jax. If it's way too much of a hassle, they'll definitely end up on eBay! I'll let you know how it goes. Our new ones that I ordered should be in around the end of next week.
Anyone interested in trying cloth: You can get a trial pack for $10 here. You pay $100 up front, and get all but $10 back when you return them. You can also click here to get a cloth diaper for $5 after May 15th. I got mine ordered before they posted this restriction.
These are not your old fashioned cloth diapers with pins! The pocket allows you to stuff them with as many inserts as needed. So, overnight the diaper can look pretty bulky. But during the day, it's actually pretty trim. And for those of you wondering about the messy diapers, they have flushable disposable liners! Jax is pretty predictable with his one poopy diaper in the morning. So, we'll just use the liner for the morning until the coast is clear! We also have the bumGenius One Size cloth diaper (also a pocket). One-sized diapers are designed to fit a baby up to 35 lbs. Both of these brands are the one-size, and snap down for a smaller fit. It's pretty neat. So, they should certainly last!
Anyway, I know that I can sell them if it turns out to be a flop. These diapers always sell on eBay or the online diaper exchanges. Besides the fact that they feel so much softer against skin than disposables, there is also the money factor. No joke, but over time it should save us somewhere around $2500 according to this chart. That is assuming that I don't go crazy over some of the super cute ones that I could order - they even have camo. However, I tried to be practical so I only ordered solids. I would have preferred all white ones, but couldn't get them with the deal I got. We'll still use disposables for travel though. But, I've become a sucker for convenience since having Jax. If it's way too much of a hassle, they'll definitely end up on eBay! I'll let you know how it goes. Our new ones that I ordered should be in around the end of next week.Anyone interested in trying cloth: You can get a trial pack for $10 here. You pay $100 up front, and get all but $10 back when you return them. You can also click here to get a cloth diaper for $5 after May 15th. I got mine ordered before they posted this restriction.
Comments