May 11 - A YEAR AGO . . .

It seems like just yesterday . . . May 10th, 2006 is the day that I got my very faint positive line on my home pregnancy test. On May 11th (6 pregnancy tests later) I sat John's card out for him and added a new date to the back of it. See, I had written this little card (below) to tell him about the first preganancy on Feb 20th. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. But I pulled the card back out this time, and put it on the counter for him to read when he came home from work. I remember he walked in and looked at the card and said, "Are you sure?" Of course I pulled out my collection of tests, and there was no denying it with 6 poistive results. I don't know which time was more scary. In a way, it was much scarier this time around because we knew the risks involved - so the fear was more about this pregnancy not working out too. I guess our fear the first time was just more of the shock of it really happening.

This is the card I made for John: (you can click on it to read it more easily)


The one we gave my parents is below.

Wow, I can't believe how much our life has changed in a year!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party