Father's Day!
This weekend was really busy!! Saturday we had a yard sale. Then Saturday night Jax and I went to a surprise party for a lady at our church. We left there and went to my Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Freddie's to visit my Dad's family. Jax got a little fussy during the drive and so I was singing the 4th round of "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain" when we pulled into their driveway. I was excited to hear the singing as we walked up to their house b/c I knew Jax would love it. He absolutely loves to listen to people sing. Before my grandparents died, we had a "Friday Night" tradition of everyone getting together at their house. My Dad was one of eight children so it was always a house full of us there. One of our traditions was to grab our hymnals and sing church songs together. My Grandmother loved the singing, and we've just carried the tradition on (both the Friday nights and the singing). This weekend it was a Saturday night, but all of my dad's siblings were there except one. Also a couple that goes to church with my parents was there. I've got a couple of videos that I took - one was just of everyone singing. The second one is of Jax watching my Dad sing.
Family Singing
Daddy & Jax
Sunday I got up and made John waffles for breakfast. It was his first Father's Day. He was very excited because I got him signed up for an Aikido class for his gift. He went last night to observe the class, and tonight will be his first night to participate. We all went to church, then went to my parent's house for lunch. Jax was so happy and laughing at everyone.
After lunch we went to Batesville to see John's Dad. We took him to Crackerbarrell for dinner. It was 10:00 both nights this weekend when we got home.
Also, Jax's second bottom tooth made it's appearance on Saturday. So he has both teeth coming in at the same time. Yesterday has been his most painful day. We have now stocked up on Baby Oragel, learned to freeze wet bathcloths for him to chew, and even started freezing his pacifiers. Poor baby!! It's affected his sleep too (and that means my sleep as well).
John read Jax his bedtime story. Look how interested he was in the book! I know it looks a little funny to read a book about "The Boy Who Ran Away" but it is the bible story of the prodigal son.
Comments