Vacation


John and I went to Pensacola Beach for the weekend. It was so fun! The weather was amazing. The water was amazing. The shrimp was amazing! I just love the beach. We went with his sister Corrie, her husband John, and their daughter Alexa. The waves were really strong the first day, and both of the guys got burned. So the second day they wore shirts!


I was on the beach a few hours before everyone else in our group made it out there Sunday. I set up right next to a guy who was fishing with his 3 daughters. Believe it or not, he caught a baby shark. Yep, he reeled it in and laid it on the sand right next to me!!! I couldn't believe it. Then he let it go. I have never seen a shark that close (even though it was small, still scary). Someone asked me if we got back in the water then, and I said OF COURSE!! But, I waited until the fisherman got back in with his daughters before I did it! We also saw several dolphins jumping out of the water. It was so neat!
I recorded the sound of the waves one night while we were out. It makes me miss the beach to listen to this. It's no picture though...just audio!

We brought Jax back this T-shirt!


We had a great 2 bedroom condo right across the street from the beach. It was on the 3rd floor, so we got lots of exercise walking up the stairs! Click here to see pics of the condo. There was a life size pirate hanging from the ceiling in the living room. A little strange, but John had a lot of fun telling Alexa horror stories about the pirate and condo. We spent our days on the beach, and at night we went to eat great Seafood. On Friday night we ate at Peg Leg Pete's. Their Peel'em and Eat'em shrimp is so good!! Saturday night we went to Crab's. And Sunday night we went to Flounder's.

On Sunday night, we all went walking down the beach at night. We took a flashlight so we could look for crabs. Here are a few pics:


When we got back to our room to pack up, we had a very unexpected visitor from downstairs. It's really difficult to explain how crazy this lady went. But, she was screaming and going a little nuts. She heard some banging (which was NOT us) and said that it had driven her crazy. You'll have to ask John about it to get the full impact of this. I had to pull him out of the hall before he went nuts on her; he was standing there looking at her with his mouth open and in complete shock. I drug him inside and told her she was very rude, and that I was going to call the police. I am so glad it was our last night there, because she was really really crazy!!

This is a video I took at night (that's why you can't see anything)but you can hear the waves! It makes me miss the beach!

Comments

April S. said…
Looks like you guys had fun in Florida. How hard was it to leave Jax behind? We are going to Destin in July, but Tatum is going too, so I am a little nervous to see how she will do at the beach. The sounds of the beach make me so ready to go!!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party