Non-toys are the best toys!

It's pretty funny that after all the time you spend selecting fun, entertaining, and even educational toys, sometimes they just prefer the non-toys. Jax is really entertained by all things that fall into the Non-Toy Category! He loves to play with cups, huggies (at GrandMyron's), calculators, remote controls to tv, cordless phones, cell phones . . .

Checking out his cowboy . . .



Our weekend was no different than our week . . . BUSY! Friday night my sister and her husband went with us to the Midsouth Fair. We had a blast! We watched the guys play games and ate the fattening fair food that is so yummy. Then we saw Ronnie Milsap in concert. It was a lot of fun. After the concert, I got his autograph and shook his hand. I told him that he was the first person I saw in concert. My dad took me to a Barbara Mandrell/Ronnie Milsap/Ricky Scaggs concert when I was 4 years old. We picked Jax up and got home around 11!


Saturday we went to Grenada for John's family reunion. Jax got lots of sweet treats from his GrandMyron.




Then we went to John's mom's house to visit. We strolled Jax around the block and tried to get Corrie to go into labor - unsuccessfully!! Then we stopped by his dad's new house on the way home. We spent almost an hour at Pizza Hut (the worst service ever) waiting on our food. Sunday, we went to my parent's for lunch, then to NWCC to exercise, and then back to John's dad's house. They watched the UFC fight. Corrie, Alexa, Jax, and I went to Walmart. So it was another late night.

Looking out GrandMyron's window of his new house.



The deck update: It will hopefully be finished tomorrow. My dad and John haven't worked on it anymore this summer. My dad has just been too busy. So daddy sent some of his workers out to finish it up for us. They started yesterday and the tiki hut is almost finished!


Jax decided last night that he wanted to feed himself. He kept taking the spoon from my hands. Let's just say that we both had spaghetti all over us when he was done! This is the first time we've gone straight to bath time before getting his bottle.




Such a happy boy!!

Comments

April S. said…
Great minds think alike!!! I was planning to blog tonight about how Tatum doesn't like playing with her toys. I love all the new pics and you guys have a CUTIE on your hands. We STILL need to get Jax and Tatum together.

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party