Overdue Update

I don't even know where to begin!!! It's been so long since I've blogged...

School has started back, and everything has been sooo busy . . . I've got 116 students that I'm teaching during my 3 sections of Improvement of Study, plus my counseling sessions, and teaching Human Growth and Development online, Director of Evening School one night a week, plus preparing for my Anger Management group for court appointed clients in October . . . so I've been very busy!

Also - we went on vacation! John and I went to Disney World September 1 - 6. We had such a great time. This trip was planned for us, my parents, and Jax, but my parents backed out at the last minute. So they decided to keep Jax with them. I have to say it was a good decision. It was so hot, such long and busy days, that I know he wouldn't have enjoyed it. My cousin Caleb, Cory Lucius, and Cathryn Vaughn went with us. Believe it or not, I broke my camera at the airport. So I had to buy disposables. I still haven't gotten the pictures developed yet. My camera has been mailed in for repair, so I hope it will be fixed quickly. However, it will be a boring blog with NO pictures!!

Jax is 8 months now! He is letting go and standing alone for longer and longer periods of time now. He tries to take a few steps, but always falls forward. He cruises along the furniture like a pro though. He is also saying Mama!! At first it was MaMaMaMaMaMa (which is just babble), but now it is definitely Mama. His sitter says he's said Dada too, but we've yet to hear it. Yesterday, he waved at John for the first time. He's just getting so big!!

He's doing great with his solid foods. He loves bananas!! But every time I try to feed him real food that I've cooked (potatoes, peas, butter beans), he spits them out! I don't think I'm that bad of a cook. Maybe it's because I haven't put any salt or seasonings on them for him. I really don't know. He also loves ice-water. He drinks it from his sippy cup several times a day. And Gerber Graduate cereal puffs are a favorite too.

He is pretty easy to occupy these days, just put him in his walker, or sit in the floor and let him pull up on everything! He also is sleeping great again. Thanks to the brief break in teething!! He goes to bed at 8:00 and gets up between 6:00 and 7:00. This morning it was 7:00. He also takes either 2 really good naps a day (1 to 2 hrs each) or 4 short naps.

He also loves his new bath chair. I'm so mad at myself for not buying one sooner. I couldn't keep him still in the bathtub with him trying to crawl away and pull up in the slippery tub. Bath time was a disaster until the chair!!!

Also, my crib didn't come with a teething guard. And, I never would have thought to ask about it because I didn't know they existed. But Jax has teethed all over his crib rail! I've ordered a guard to put on it, so hopefully it will come in today.

I will try to add some pictures this week . . . I am borrowing my mom's camera!

And, please pray for Jack & Lagina Etheridge and their family. Their little baby boy, Landon, passed away yesterday. He was almost a year old. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through. My heart really hurts for them, so I ask all of you to please remember them in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Never Say Never!!! :)