10 Months
Jax is now 10 months old!!!!!!! Where has the time gone??? Before I know it, he'll be a year old.
I haven't blogged about him in a while b/c so much has been going on . . . but I have to brag on his Daddy! I was out of town for a week at a conference in the exciting Philadelphia, MS!!! Ha! We had our annual MCA conference at the casino there. Anyway, John did a great job taking care of Jax while I was gone! I missed them like crazy, of course - except while getting my first massage. Let's just say it won't be my last!
Jax is a walking machine now. He walks all across the house! His falls have gotten much better . . . but also worse. I know that doesn't make much sense, but he's much more steady now. So there are less falls due to balance issues. However, he'll get the phone, remote, bottle in his hand and get distracted and fall. With his hands full of toys, it makes for a worse fall because he won't let go of them to break his fall! He still uses his walker too. Of course, he heads straight for the "No sir" areas as soon as I put him in there - the entertainment center and the bedroom. There is way too much stuff for him to pull out of the entertainment center, and the bedroom . . . well he goes in by himself by bulldozing through the door, the the door shuts behind him and he gets stuck. After he's pulled all of daddy's underwear out of the drawer, he will scream for us to let him out.
He talks some . . . mama, nana, hi, baba, dada . . . But there's no guarantee that he's using these right. Almost everyone is "mama" these days.
He's also taking most of his bottles from the sippy cup now. He eats real food with us too! He got introduced to his first orange the week before last, and a pickle this week. I wish I could have captured those faces he made!!!!!!
I haven't blogged about him in a while b/c so much has been going on . . . but I have to brag on his Daddy! I was out of town for a week at a conference in the exciting Philadelphia, MS!!! Ha! We had our annual MCA conference at the casino there. Anyway, John did a great job taking care of Jax while I was gone! I missed them like crazy, of course - except while getting my first massage. Let's just say it won't be my last!
Jax is a walking machine now. He walks all across the house! His falls have gotten much better . . . but also worse. I know that doesn't make much sense, but he's much more steady now. So there are less falls due to balance issues. However, he'll get the phone, remote, bottle in his hand and get distracted and fall. With his hands full of toys, it makes for a worse fall because he won't let go of them to break his fall! He still uses his walker too. Of course, he heads straight for the "No sir" areas as soon as I put him in there - the entertainment center and the bedroom. There is way too much stuff for him to pull out of the entertainment center, and the bedroom . . . well he goes in by himself by bulldozing through the door, the the door shuts behind him and he gets stuck. After he's pulled all of daddy's underwear out of the drawer, he will scream for us to let him out.
He talks some . . . mama, nana, hi, baba, dada . . . But there's no guarantee that he's using these right. Almost everyone is "mama" these days.
He's also taking most of his bottles from the sippy cup now. He eats real food with us too! He got introduced to his first orange the week before last, and a pickle this week. I wish I could have captured those faces he made!!!!!!
His bad habbit: THROWING EVERYTHING DOWN! It drives me crazy. He throws his cup down, his food down, his plate full of food down. He throws down everything. Sometimes he does it when he's mad at us . . . other times it is just so he can lean over and look at it on the floor . . . and sometimes I think he just wants to see me pick it up over and over and over and over.
Anyway, here are just a few pics . . .
Anyway, here are just a few pics . . .
Jax in his new pj's
Playing with the phone that his Mimi (Bobbie) brought him. He loves it b/c it's real! It's one of her old ones, but she charges it up so it will make all the right sounds! Yes, he's a little spoiled.
Update on Lisa . . .
Please keep praying!!!!!!!!! We found out yesterday that it is either breast or lung cancer. I think the next step is the body scan and then on to the West Clinic. Please pray for the doctors working with her, for Lisa to be healed, and for her family!
Caleb and Zach stayed with us this weekend. We had a great time with them visiting. Jax loved them being there. He was so entertained and LOVED the big pallet in the floor! I love my boys, I just wish Adam had been with us too!
Comments