Easter Holidays

Thursday we went to Nashville to celebrate John's birthday. We stopped and ate at Red Robin on the way there. Then we went to downtown Nashville. We went to Tootsies, a karaoke bar, and then ended the night in the Cadillac Ranch listening to country music bands. On Friday, we got up and went to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (one of my favorite places). The were having auditions for Nashville Star. It was fun to watch people lined up and then to come out and say they made it. We at lunch at Paisano's, and the pizza was fabulous. We had a Tommy's Tour at 1:00 that took us through Nashville and to see homes of the stars. I actually heard about this tour on Trip Advisor, but I highly recommend it. We all had a blast!





The Union Station hotel - beautiful!!!!!
Alan Jackson's 50 million dollar estate:
Then Friday night, we went to Miss Marple's Murder Mystery dinner theatre. It was hilarious. We were all given celebrity names when we arrived since the show was the "Gimme Awards." I was Catherine Zeta Jones, and John was given the name Quincy Jones. We had a great time solving the mystery, and our team won. We were awarded with our own sheriff badges. John had no idea what we were doing until we sat down at the table. It was a lot of fun.



Saturday, we got back in time to see Jax' first Easter egg hunt at my Aunt Carolyn's. I was surprised, but he needed no instructions. He saw his first egg and picked it up immediately. He didn't quite understand putting them in the basket though. He won a bat and ball for being the youngest hunter.



Sunday he got his basket filled from the Easter bunny. He had 2 books, an Easter bunny, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, iced sugar cookies, and a toy that lights up when you push a button.
From Sasa and Grandaddy:
After church, we went to Grenada and had lunch with John's family. Grammy gave Jax a farm animal book and a Mushabelly. It was too cute.
Jax was soooooo tired that he acted awful on the way home. He finally went to sleep holding his Daddy's hand.


Jax actually got his first Easter gifts from his sitter "Mimi" on Thursday. This picture was taken seconds before he bit into this bunny . . . foil and all!!



I'll hopefully update the picture albums sometime tonight with all of the new pictures of Easter and Nashville trip.

As for me, I'm doing great. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow. I feel good, and I never really got sick this time. Quite different than my last pregnancy. I've already ordered my new baby (gender neutral) bedding . . . since we are not finding out the gender this time. I figure we can play up the accessories with frilly green lamps and pillows if it is a girl, and play up the blue/brown if it is a boy. My next doctor's appointment will be next week. So I'll give you the update then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party