Goodbye mullet . . . Hello Big Boy!!!

It was long overdue, but Jax finally got his first haircut on Saturday 4/19. Here is the before picture. You can definitely see how long it is in the back!!



First snip:



The after: Isn't he such a big boy??!!




Sporting his new toddler shades!






Emma Kate (who is 7 months older than Jax) and Noble (4 months) came over to play with Jax! We had a cookout on April 5th. It was a lot of fun visiting with B & Amy Lauren!


They were too cute dancing together!!!
16 weeks 2 days:

Update on Lisa: For those of you who have prayed and asked about her, thank you so much. She is out of ICU now, and will hopefully get to come home on Thursday. She's been in so much pain due to the invasiveness of this surgery. Even though they did not remove anything, her ribs were pried open so she has lots of soreness. She will be on a 4 week break to heal, then they will begin a 12 week round of chemo. Please pray for her and her family during this time. This chemo is not easy stuff. Caleb has been staying with us this week, and it has been fun to have him over. Jax loves him!!!

Update on Jax: He's got his 14th tooth coming in now! He got pretty sick at the beginning of this month. Ran fever for almost a week and had a runny nose. Thank goodness it's finally over. He is dancing and on the move constantly. These days, he's really keeping me in shape!! He's learned about outside, and he grabs mine and John's hands constantly to pull us to the door. He will pitch a fit when we don't take him out! I've been trying to take him out every afternoon, but it's so hard to get home at 5 and cook dinner, play, and get him to bed in 2 hours. Thank goodness I've had plenty of energy. He's eating great with his fork now. Gets most all of it right in his mouth, but still has a few problems getting it on the fork or spoon. He's also gotten really picky with what he eats, and I hate that!! I finally let him have juice too (mixed with water) and he loves it!

Update on new baby: My next appointment is next Friday (5/2). I've been feeling great and doing great. I actually had lost 6 lbs when I went in to my last appointment. My belly is out there now, so I'm sure I've gained some back. We still are not finding out what we are having!! The big ultrasound is next week, but we aren't even taking a peek at the screen when there's a chance we could see something. I feel movements pretty regularly now. My BP has been great so far. I think it's because I'm walking 2 miles at lunch every day! I'm so proud of that, and hope that I can stick with it through the end!! I'm 18 weeks and 1 day today!

Comments

April S. said…
You took Jax to Jimmy James?? lol...His new haircut makes him look so grown. Your hair is getting so long too!
Amanda said…
LOL!! Jimmy surprised me and was actually great with him. We just tagged along on John's appt and thought if it works out, we'll let him do it. Of course, Jimmy said he was the best child he'd ever done a first haircut on. Jimmy always hams it up for a new client. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party