Snips and snails and puppy dog tails OR sugar, spice and everything nice??

Yesterday, I felt the baby kick from the outside for the first time. Two really strong kicks that I got to feel with my hand. That was just as exciting as the first time I felt it with Jax, and I was relieved about that. It definitely makes everything more real. Our big ultrasound is Friday. It's really not that big since we are definitely NOT finding out what we are having. But I thought it would be fun for everyone to wager a guess. Just so you have all the information available, I will give you my results from these very scientific tests that are all "clickable".

Web Womb Chinese Birth Calendar: BOY
Ancient Chinese Birth Gender Chart: BOY
Baby Zone's Gender Predictor: BOY
Boy or Girl Quiz: 54% chance of GIRL
Needle Test: BOY
Old Wives Tale Gender Predictor: 60% chance of GIRL
Parents.com Boy or Girl: It's a toss up!
Gender Prediction: Girl by 68%
Online Pregnancy Test: Girl, blonde hair, green eyes, 8lb 6 0z, (of course it also said Boss Hog was the father)
Heart Rate : At first ultrasound (7 weeks) it was in the 150's - Girl
Dreams: Dream in first trimester that I had two little boys that looked like Jax (one younger and one older). Dream in the second trimester that the baby was born; it was a girl; I was saying we thought it was going to be a boy!!
MYTHS: I carry out front - Boy; I crave salty and sweet - Toss up; I had no morning sickness in the first trimester - Girl; but the 2nd trimester I've had random gagging and throwing up episodes throughout - Boy
Differences in this pregnancy than my pg with Jax - My hair is stringy instead of full! I have tons of energy and don't feel sick until I randomly throw-up. My hormones have affected me more -I'm a lot more moody this time. I'm not obsessed with every detail of my pregnancy. I've gained less weight this time because the scales show I've not gained any yet even though my belly is out there! I'm actually down a pound right now from where I started when I got pregnant, but that could be because I'm walking 2 miles everday at lunch. I really want to excercise every day.

So now that you have the scoop . . . Click on the box below and it will take you to our game where you can make your guess as the Gender Judge!! You'll just have to wait until September to see if you are right. (It will allow you to come back and change your mind though. That's important for me since I'm so indecisive!!) Also, you can guess weight and length. Just FYI, Jax was 2 weeks early and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long.



We were really busy last weekend. My great Uncle Shelby passed away, so we had funeral Saturday. He had the military funeral because he faught in WWII. It was really touching. Jax sort of listened to the bagpipes, but mainly I was chasing him through the cemetary. Then we went to a wedding (my friend Maggie) on Saturday afternoon. It was really sweet and pretty. Saturday night we went to a crawfish boil at my sister's house. My parents actually had both grandkids for a little while on Saturday. I can't wait until Harlee Kate is old enough to play with him and keep him out of trouble! Sunday it rained, so we stayed home and relaxed! Mom took Caleb back home on Sunday, and we've missed him. We had a great time with him for the week that he stayed. Lisa is still in a lot of pain, but thank goodness she is home now. Her birthday is coming up soon too!!! I can't believe tomorrow will be May
!! I'm so glad for the Spring weather and even got some of my flowers planted around the pool area yesterday afternoon.

It's always been a family thing that we hold hands and say our prayer before we eat. Last night, my Dad asked Jax to hold his hand, and he did! He held both of our hands while we prayed the whole time. It was a special moment that I won't forget!

I guess you've figured out this is a boring blog with no pictures. I'll try to add some pictures tomorrow.

Comments

April S. said…
That is exciting that you felt the baby move from the outside!

I still think it is neat that you guys are not finding out the sex of the baby. I keep telling Antonio that I want to do that next time too, but I don't know if I will be able to do it when the time comes!

I dreamed over and over that Tatum was a girl, so I was going to go with your dreams, but since they aren't consistent and you aren't having twins, then I don't know what to think.

Also, great job on no weight gain!!! Are you doing anything else besides walking? I need to write down all these notes so I can prevent so much weight gain next time.
Amanda said…
Thank you! Walking has been the main change. But I've also been pulling Jax around in a wagon some, and just generally more active in the afternoons since it's been warmer. I drink a lot of water (but that's not really new) and I try to watch my sodium intake. I don't always make the best choices though.

And John is caving on the gender thing. He called yesterday and tried to persuade me to find out!!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party