Mother's Day
We had a great weekend! John decided to do a cookout for his family Saturday. He bought all the groceries, cooked, made everything look nice outside. It was great. We had rotel, salsa, sausage rotel and chips for appetizers. For lunch: steak kabobs, grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob, potato salad, salad, beans. For dessert: watermelon, chocolate cake, ice cream. He did such a good job! The weather was luckily nice during the day. Overcast and warm. It was that night that the tornado warnings started rolling in. Here are a few pictures from Saturday:








School is wrapping up too. I will be giving my final exams today and tomorrow in my classes that I teach. I can hardly believe summer is here! I do still work during the summer though. I just don't teach my day classes then. I love summer time, and I can't wait for vacation!!!!!!!
On Sunday, we went to church. Then we had a picnic with my Mom and Dad. My sister was sick - on her first Mother's Day!! - and couldn't be with us! I was sad about that. It was really windy Sunday afternoon, but we had a nice day. John and I put together my firepit/coffee table that he bought me for the patio. Then we went to Lowe's. It was a busy, but nice weekend.
Lisa - Please say a prayer for Lisa this week as she continues healing from surgery. She's got an appointment on Thursday with her oncologist.
Comments