Ultrasound!!!

First and foremost, we've got a healthy baby!!! That is always such a relief. So many people think the big ultrasound is about gender, but it's really about making sure that everything is okay. I'm so relieved, and I thank God for blessing us with a healthy baby.

Secondly, I have gained 2 lbs . . . so I'm happy with that. And my blood pressure was 128/68, SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Thirdly, the doctor gave me the okay to go with John to the Bahamas. Actually, he said it sounds okay now. But let's wait and make sure that you aren't dailated any or having any contractions before we say for sure.

Now, what everyone is wondering about . . . did we find out what we are having??? No!!!
Okay, I had no problem being firm in my decision to not find out the sex. Until I knew that someone else knew what my baby was. John asked the tech if she knew yet (she had asked us to turn our heads), and she said no (with a big smile). John said, "yes you do!" She admitted it, and from the moment on I was dying. Somehow I managed to stick with it, but since I was having such a hard time . . . she printed 2 pictures of the gender specific area and sealed them in an envelope. It's killing me not to open it, but it has gotten easier since we've gotten home. The heart rate was exactly 150 (like Jax was). I am leaning towards Boy, but I promise I didn't see a thing!! One thing that makes me "think" boy, is that it seems like she saw pretty quickly. That may have nothing to do with it though. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. The baby was so active and moving like crazy. The ultrasound was still a lot of fun even though we didn't find out. But I'm going to make my vote on the game!! Only 3 people have made a guess on the game! What's wrong with you guys?? Games are fun!

Profile

Waving:

Feet:

Comments

April S. said…
So great to hear that the baby is healthy and you are both doing well! I love the profile ultrasound picture. It is always my favorite.

I can't believe that you have the answer to boy or girl in your house and you haven't opened it. I think I would give in and have to look. Good for you guys though!

Also, I must admit, I have not voted yet. I can't decide what I think since I don't ever see you. I will vote soon though.
Amanda said…
April,

I'm the first to admit . . . I don't see how I'll ever make it to September without peeking!!! :) I should have never gotten the envelope!