Baby Update

I went to the doctor for my check-up on Friday morning. I had to do my glucose test. There was a mixup with my appointment though. Apparently they had written me down on the books for last week, but I wasn't supposed to come until this week. The only problem . . . my doctor was off. He was behind the desk in shorts, taking care of some paperwork before he left. He is the BEST doctor ever! He said, no worries . . . let me do my glucose test and then said ... how about a 4D ultrasound?? So here are some pictures below of our little man:



I have gained a total of 8 lbs. My blood pressure was great. Still having very minimal swelling (until the drive to Jackson later that day). But I failed my glucose test. So now I have to go back in to do the long 3 hour test in two weeks. I was telling my sister that I had eaten healthy the day before, so I'm not sure why I failed. She laughed when I gave her my menu for the previous . . . 2 LOW FAT poptarts for breakfast, 2 packs of 100 Calorie striped shortbread cookies, grilled chicken with fetuccini pasta for lunch, mac & cheese, chicken casserole, butterbeans, cornbread for dinner, apple for dessert. She let me know really quick that I basically consumed an entire day of sugar. Oh well. Just pray that I pass the 3 hour test!

The baby weighed 2 lbs and 11 oz! And by this ultrasound, my due date was 9/16 . . . so a week earlier. And I got to see all 1o fingers and toes as well.

COMPARISON (not as clear as the new one): THIS IS JAX AT 20 WEEKS:

Comments

April S. said…
Your doctor ROCKS!!! That is awesome that he still saw you AND gave you the 4D pics!!

For the glucose test next time, just remember that the carbs are what make your glucose go up. So many times when I talk to people that are having to check their glucose levels, they are watching their sugar intake and not so much carbs. you may already know this, but just an FYI in case you don't.
Amanda said…
I NEVER thought about the carbs! I was mainly just thinking about juice and sweets. But believe me, I will remember next time!
Anonymous said…
I want to see comparison pics of Jax's & baby #2's u/s's please! This little guy is precious already!

Oh and the u/s due date...is MY bday! ;-)
Anonymous said…
I want to see comparison pics of the u/s's... (jax & baby #2)

And your u/s due date is MY bday! ;-)
Unknown said…
I love the new US pic. Such a cute little bean already!

Ginnie

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party