Update

Jax went for his 18 month check up last Thursday. The doctor says he is doing great! He's right on target for his age. He talked to the doctor a lot (mostly just gibberish), but she said, "He's got a lot of vocabulary there!" It's crazy how much he understands too. He's been working really hard around the house lately. Trying to help dust and vacuum. Also helping Grandaddy by going and getting a wrench when he's asked and even putting the wrench on the valve for him. He's so smart, and when we ask nicely . . . he will do what we ask him to do (put clothes in laundry basket, throw something away, go find his shoes).

Here were his stats at the office:
Weight 26.2 lbs (50-75%)
Height 32 1/4" (50%)
HC: 49" (75-90%)

New words that he's said since last post:
Tree
Hat
Mel (He's been saying Melvin's name for a while but I only just heard it).
Peese (Please)
Your welcome
Mine

This weekend was pretty busy! Caleb, my cousin, came and stayed with us. We got a lot more accomplished in the house...slow but steady. Saturday Jax and I went to my cousin Valerie's baby shower. She's 2 weeks ahead of me and having a little girl. We left there taking Harlee Kate with us and picked up John. Then we had to rush John to his cousin's wedding in Grenada. I kept both of the kids at John's sister's house during the wedding. John's mom arrived to help an hour into that. 3 hours later....John was back. I must say that it is a little difficult having a huge belly that already limits your movement, plus a baby in arms, and then chasing after a toddler. It's not easy! I really am starting to see 3 kids in our future less and less!!!!! Don't get me wrong...I really like being pregnant. And this has been such an easy pregnancy except for the gestational diabetes. But I'm just starting to think the 2 kids is plenty. And the sooner we're finished having children...the sooner we can start taking them to enjoy things like Disney World and skiing and all sorts of traveling. Who knows...nothing is set in stone anyway. We also went to visit his grandparents and it was good to see them.

I'm 32 weeks now! Still feeling pretty good. Still exercising at least 4 times a week. But I have decreased the intensity somewhat. I've gone from 5 to 7 miles during 40 minutes to 4.5 miles over 30 minutes. My glucose testing is going okay. It's really more of a nuisance to do it than anything, but I've accepted it. And I haven't cheated any. I go in Friday for a checkup...then again next Friday to get "cleared" before my trip. The baby is moving like crazy all of the time now...he still has no name...and his room is also not finished. :) I am working on both though.

Here are a few pictures:
Jax being silly and playing on the couch!!





We met Jeep and Amy (they're engaged) and her children at Kyoto's for dinner. We also celebrated Kelly's birthday!



Me and John

32 Weeks

32 weeks

Comments

Anonymous said…
Look at that belly! LOVE IT!
April S. said…
In response to your comment on my page..."weirdo!" ok, just kidding of course. If I could slide by with wearing flip flops to work, I would be okay, but that is not an option I don't suppose. Also, if i was blessed with a beautiful swimming pool like you and John have, I would LIVE in it, but I am stuck with my tiny bathtub. So, this summer heat is not my friend right now.

You still look so cute pregnant, and you are definitely all belly. Jax is precious as ever and growing too fast. have fun on your trip and I look forward to seeing lots of pics posted when you get back.
rfurqueron said…
You are cute preggo!!! Jax is getting so big!!
Unknown said…
Sounds like Jax is quite the helper!
Your belly looks precious! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party