Atlantis

The night before we left for Atlantis, I couldn't sleep. It started with Jax having a nightmare, then the cramps started. My back was killing me and I soaked in a warm bath. I was up from 1:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. I thought I was getting a kidney infection so I downed about 6 glasses of water. I was still hurting the next morning as we were trying to leave at 7:00 to head to the airport. I didn't know what to do! About 15 minutes before we left, I passed a huge kidney stone! That was the end of the pain! Since I had one at 21 weeks with Jax, I knew what to expect. Last time, I didn't have any problems after I passed it. So I happily boarded the plane for our trip! We had a connecting flight in Charlotte. The flights weren't too rough on me, but I definitely lost my stomach (think roller coaster feeling) a lot! The second flight was the worst...bad turbulence, people screaming during some of the drops. I was NOT enjoying that! Then the lines through immigration were miserable! It was definitely a difficult traveling day. We were so exhausted when we got there (our anniversary)! We had the Diamond Club welcome reception that night. So we went to that and then ordered a very nice dinner to be served on our private balcony at the room. It was a fun and romantic way to celebrate. Also, it was really neat that when we looked out our window, someone had written "Happy Anniversary" in the grass below. We spent a lot of time on the beach outside our hotel. It was so peaceful there, the water was so clear! I teased John because he had dropped our room key in the ocean, and he later noticed it laying on the sand through the water. It was that clear that you could see it was a key through all the water. We ate breakfast every day at the Mosaic (except the first day). It was a fabulous breakfast...and it should have been for $64.40! Our lunch typically cost $50, a large bottle of water was $10...not a cheap place here! And just think about how much water I bought! I also went to the spa and pampered myself. I got a pedicure and a manicure. I nearly had a heart attack because it cost me $140!!! I've only had like 3 manicures and 5 pedicures in my entire life, so it was a HUGE splurge. We had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone. We mostly saw them at night, and did our own thing during the day. Except for one day, Courtney's brother Rustin rented a cabana that had beach and pool access. We were there all day, and it was so much fun! And I was so proud to be there and watch John walk across the stage. They made such a big deal out of his accomplishment, and I was so proud!!! So here are a few pictures to look at . . . it was really a beautiful place.
Before the President's Club welcome reception:
From our bed:

Taken from the cabana:


Side view of our room - I took this picture from Paradise Beach where we were swimming. Our room is on the right side, the 11th floor. The top floor is 15.




A picture of John in our living room - behind him is the second bathroom
John - and one of the pools
First trip to the beach
We had the Deluxe Ocean Room - Rates show that it is $905 - 1950 a night.



A baby octopus on the beach:



John in the cabana that Rustin (Courtney's brother) rented for all of us - We had the beach on one side and the pool on the other! It was great!
View of the beach from the cabana:
Me and John in the cabana:
The pool at the Cove - from the cabana.








A view from our balcony - This is Paradise Beach where we spent a lot of time the first 3 days!!




This is our balcony - it wrapped around with a table for 6 on the other side.

View of Paradise Beach from our balcony:
At the Bahamian Club:


Okay - I'm tired of adding pictures. Click HERE to see the album.


This is me at 36 weeks:

Jax - this morning - mad at me because I wouldn't give him the camera!
With his bandage...had a scary accident Sunday where my mom knocked some cans out of the pantry. Jax was standing underneath her...thank goodness this cut was all he got.
Loving on cousin Eli

Comments

April S. said…
Looks like you guys had an amazing time! It sure is beautiful there!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Never Say Never!!! :)