4 More Days of Just Jax

Yesterday when I got home from work, Jax was working in front of the house with his Grandaddy. I was told that he'd already been hosed off once because he had so much sand on him. We pulled up all the bushes in front of our house, had sand brought in, and got new concrete poured for our porch.

Today we've been VERY busy! We finished up as much as we could on Jax's room. We're still waiting on the rustic star drawer pulls that I've ordered to come in. Also, we are going to add some stars to the front of the toy box (just like ones on the headboard). And I will probably put something on the shelf in his room too, but I won't load all of the pictures of the cowboy room until Monday. It just takes way too long to upload pictures at home. Please note how hard my mom has worked!! She built the entire toy box and made and attached the cushions on top. She made the headboard for his bed including adding the roping around the edges and the stars on the front. She also added the rope to the lamp, hung the shelf, trimmed down the roman shades because I ordered them to wide to fit the window. My sister monogrammed the chair for Jax. The only thing I can really say that I did myself is the letters. I painted over the print that matched his nursery to make them look denim. My mom is GREAT!

We also played with Harlee Kate, played in the sprinkler, rode Big Red, and even swam for a little bit. Jax also got to play with our neighbor's grandson John Clay. He stayed over with them for 1 1/2 hours!! I heard that he learned to play a new game too, "Ready, Set, Go."

There was lots of other work going on outside of Jax's room too. John's dad (Myron), Caleb, John, and my Dad were working on the house. They put up installation and ran some more wiring. Progress was DEFINITELY made today, and it felt really good!

We started with the twin bed on the floor instead of the frame. This way he won't have far to fall if he does. We'll move it onto the frame when he gets more comfortable (or we do) with the bed.


See his cute picture that I had framed for this room!

Roped Lamp

Headboard - with roping around edges

His shelf:

Brown shag rug, saddle lamp, western night light, packed book case

Toy Box


The picture frame on the left says - I love my cowboy.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the big boy cowboy room. Soooo cute!
Kimberly said…
I love his big boy room! The bed and pics are precious. What cute little cowboy!!!
Anonymous said…
So adorable..what a cute little cowboy!
rfurqueron said…
What a cute cowboy room!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Never Say Never!!! :)