Baby Boy will be here soon!!

I forgot to post that I went back to the doctor last Friday because I was having contractions. They were every 15 minutes! My doc checked me out and said that it could be any time. He said that my cervix had thinned and was softer than it was Monday. So, the contractions were healthy ... making me dialate and prepare for this baby! He was thrilled b/c my blood pressure was back down to 120/72.

Today I had my appointment. My blood pressure is still okay, but not as good as last week. I told him that I was very unhappy that my feet have started to swell because he won't let me exercise. I weighed the same this week as I did last week...showing a gain of 9lbs. However, he could see I've retained a LOT of fluid over the past week. My legs and feet were really puffy and tight. He said it probably means that I've lost a little weight, and gained a little fluid since last appt. I told him that I'm getting READY for this baby! He said let's see if your cervix is ready. After my internal, he said, "Yes, you are definitely ready. Your extremely soft and 2 cm dialated. Stay off your feet this weekend so you don't go into labor and we'll try to squeeze a few more days out of this baby. Since he's a boy, I'd like to make sure his lungs have a few extra days. Bring your bag Monday. If you don't go on your own, we'll make it happen Monday, Tuesday, Wednsesday or Thursday. Lets' decide on Monday." So baby will be here next week!!! Hopefully he will have a name too!! I was also VERY excited because the doctor told me that as soon as the baby is out - my no sugar diet is over!!! I doubt I'll ever drink sweet tea or regular sodas again, but I will be excited to have some real sweets! My mom is making me a chocolate cake!! :)

Progress at home: I worked (with mom) really hard on the nursery and Jax's new cowboy room. It is so cute! I will have pictures to post this weekend.

Comments

April S. said…
That is SO EXCITING!!! I am hoping you don't go into labor over the weekend so I can see some pics of the nursery and big boy room. Don't forget to take a few last belly pics. Congrats on coming to the end healthy and with ONLY 9 LBS gained!! That's crazy...you are going to come out of the hospital much less than when you go in! Can't wait to hear the name either! Tell John to text me sometime after the baby boy comes (please)?