The boys

Jax slept in his big boy bed all night Tuesday night!! We were so proud. We started trying to put him in his twin bed again on Monday. I haven't done it since before Ronin came. He ended up in his crib in the middle of the night Monday - but Tuesday night was great. It took until 8:30 for him to fall asleep and he woke up at 7:15. Last night wasn't bad either. He woke up at 1:00 and I put him back in his bed. He was saying "mom, mom, mom, MOM! MOM!" Then he woke up at 6:00. Advice to anyone with a toddler and new baby on the way....get them adjusted to their bed before the new baby comes!! It's not that it's so much harder. It's just that I don't have as much time!

Ronin is doing great. He's getting so big. He was 4 weeks yesterday. I am still breast feeding him. I have decided that I will continue nursing him as long as I have milk, but I don't think I'm taking a pump with me to work. So when I go back full time, he will be taking formula. I've already supplemented some with formula anyway. We had one of those small sample things of formula. I just used the last of it today - so that's really not much in one month. He takes it fine though, so I'm not worried about that transition. Then I can nurse him when I come home from work. I'm getting up with him once a night to feed him usually. He sleeps in the bassinet in my room for now.

I did have to take him to the dr. last week because he had an ingrown cuticle on his thumb. It is getting better though. And his skin has been peeling so bad! It's finally off of his face but some is still in his scalp. I was so upset yesterday because I think it has made his hair fall out some in the top. Not that it's really a big deal, but I loved his little hair!

It's so hard to believe it's been a month already though!! I'm going to start back exercising this week. Slowly! Exercise has been against doc's orders since I was 36 weeks. John said I was supposed to wait until 6 wks to exercise, but I don't think so!! I've lost 19 lbs so far!! With lots more to go!

Jax is doing great with him. But I really have to keep my eyes on him at all times. He will try to pick Ronin up or tickle him. I can't tell you how many awful things I've imagined happening with this scenario!

Anyway - I hate loading up the pictures at home. But here are a few for now. I am trying to load the rest up to his online gallery. You can click the link under the picture albums on the right to see the rest of his pics.











We went to the zoo last Friday:

Ronin slept the whole time we were there!

post signature

Comments

April S. said…
Wow...you are making this 2nd kid sound so simple! I hope we are as blessed with an easy second one! So I have a few questions for you when you get time...

~what has made the difference this time with breastfeeding? did you do anything different? When are you going back to work?

~do you think Ronin looks like Jax when Jax was that age or are they totally different? I haven't compared their baby pics, but I am guessing you have an idea.

I guess thats it. So with your 19 pounds lost, you are already way below your pre pregnancy weight....I bet that feels great! You look great in your pic from the zoo.
Amanda said…
I think the difference was mainly my state of mind. I was so stressed with Jax. I was scared he was starving. This time, I was like...I'll try it, but I refuse to stress out. If he's not gaining, I will just switch to formula. I've given him formula ( a little) all along this time as a supplement. And it is going extremely well!!

Yes - Ronin looks like Jax. But their eyes are a little diferent. I think that they both have John's eyes but Ronin's bone structure is a little diferent. I think he looks more like me than Jax did. I need to post a comparison pic, but he reminds me SO MUCH of Jax at 4-5 wks.

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party