Back at work!!
I've been so awful at updating this blog!!! And to make it worse, I'm not even adding pictures to this post!
I am back at work this week. It's so hard to go back and leave the boys at home, but it is what I must do. I actually didn't cry coming back to work, but I did the night before...every time I looked at Jax. I think it was harder to leave him because he KNOWS that I'm there.
We are still in the throes of remodeling. We are actually moved in to the apartment behind our house. We've been out of our house since October 14th! We stayed with my parents some before settling into the apartment. It's going okay considering we are still without a full kitchen, and 4 people (including one TERRIBLE TWO'S TODDLER and a new baby), in one room! Jax has been sleeping on a baby mattress in the corner of the bathroom. He only woke up about 6 times last night! It's crazy. Ro is sleeping better than him! One good thing is that Jax should be completely broken from sleeping in his crib when we get back in. He's slept in full size beds, on the couch, on the floor, on the mattress on the floor . . . so much freedom that for the first time ever he climbed out of his playpen Saturday night when we were at my sister's. He ended up sleeping in her bed until we went home.
I still say that having two has been a breeze for me. I really think it has to do with my first child experience. He was so demanding! And I was so nervous about everything! The only time I've really gotten overwhelmed is when Jax got sick. He got sick the week of Halloween. It was so hard trying to keep his germs away from baby! I don't know how Ronin avoided that cold, seriously! And they both seemed to need me at the same time. There was one night (Sunday) where I thought I would lose my mind. They were both crying at the same time, and I couldn't get either to stop. Jax actually was so sick that he got the croup Saturday night. We were able to avoid the hospital b/c it was cold enough outside. I just wrapped him in a blanket and we sat on the porch so he could breathe. I'm so glad he FINALLY got past all of that.
Ronin is growing and I just fall more in love with him everyday! He's started to really respond. He smiles at me all the time. And coos! There is nothing more precious! He went for his 2 month appt on Wednesday and weighed 10.2 lbs. So he's definitely growing! I am still breastfeeding. I broke down and bought a pump last week. I kept thinking that I wouldn't need one, so I had to pay extra to get it shipped to me before I started back to work! It's an Ameda, and I love it. I've used the Medela PIS, and I like this one just as well! (actually better for the hygienic reasons) He's getting formula while I'm at work this week, but I should have enough pumped for him to get breast milk starting next week!
I left Ronin overnight for the first time to go to our friend's wedding in Jackson. I'll have to post pics from that too! We had a great time, and the boys did great.

Comments
So glad things are good!