Thanksgiving

Well, we had a nice Thanksgiving! We ate with my parents, Lisa, Mark, Zach on Thanksgiving day. My sister had to come after us because Harlee Kate's been exposed to the chicken pox. I don't think she'll get them, but we have to be careful with Ronin! So that was not fun...but we'll make up for it at Christmas. We had great food and yummy desserts, but somehow I forgot to snap pictures!?! Friday we went shopping. I look forward to this day every year! It's a special time for me, Mom, and Karen. And this year was even more special because the newest gal of the family joined us. Harlee Kate was an absolute doll. She never cried once or was a bit of trouble. I'm thinking in the years to come, she will be wearing us out by wanting to shop longer than we can handle!! Saturday we went to Grenada. Corrie did a great job with the food and Jax had tons of fun playing with his cousins. He slept all the way home.
Ronin is still being absolutely wonderful. He sleeps about 6 hours at night before needing another feeding. He always goes right back to sleep too. He eats about every 4 hours during the day. I'm still breastfeeding and pumping at work. It's just going great.
Jax news - believe it or not, I have signed him up for daycare. He will start going to Tattle Tales January 5th! I think it will be good for him to have some structure and social interaction. They have webcams so I can peek in on him all day too. Any advice will be appreciated . . . I'm dreading the dropoff. SHould I go really early and stay a little while or get out fast? He's gotten super attached since I was home with him for maternity leave. I KNOW he will scream!! He's been screaming just in Sunday school class lately! He's gotten so big though. He repeats everything we say. He sings several songs with me (Oscar Myer Weiner, You are My sunshine, Tom Dooley, Do a Dear). This morning he sang happy birthday to me. Well sort of. He and my mom have been practicing...she sings all the words and he sings "Momma" in the appropriate places. It is too sweet. Our favorite things for him to say right now are gross, basket ball, fish, Elle (because he says O), bible, burrr (when it's cold).
I had a kidney stone Monday night of last week that was AWFUL! I'm still having some issues with nausea so looks like I'll be seeing a dr. next week about it.
Our house is really coming along now. I wish I would have taken some pictures this morning. They have started our tile and most of our built in cabinets are completed. Here is a link to see some of the progress (Click here), and I will try to take some new ones tongiht. I'm hoping we'll get moved in next week!!!!!!!!! We have really done well to be out of our house for about 7 weeks!!
Also, I added my friend Christina to the prayer corner. Check out her site to see the new twins! Say a prayer for them too!
Pictures:::::::
This is what I see on my way to work! I love seeing them...even if they do slow me down a little. It makes me think about my grandparents, and remember the days of me and Karen jumping in the freshly picked cotton trailers!!

At Corries: Candy, Ninny, John, Jax


GrandMyron and Ronin


Jackson, Jax, Me, Ronin, Alexa, Lorili, Elle

Alexa & Jax


Jax


Kissing little brother

Singing to him


Ronin at 10 weeks








He gives the biggest smiles now! And will just coo and talk...so sweet!



post signature


Comments

April S. said…
LOVE all the stuff you guys are doing to the house! I know it is not done, but it looks amazing! It looks so big and open which I LOVE! The colors look great too.

As far as Jax going to daycare, I would go in and put his stuff where it goes and try to get him warmed up to the teacher or some of the kids a little before you leave him. If not, he might not adjust well. I personally think it would be quiet tramatizing to be dropped off where you know no one and know that "Mommy" just ran out the door...lol. Kids adapt very well though and I am sure he will do great, but like I said, I would stick around 15-20 minutes just to kind of introduce him to what is in his room(toys, lunch table, if they have a class pet, etc). He might surprise you and take off and go play right away.

Ronin is getting so big...I LOVE his blue and brown bib, where did you get it?? Also, any suggestions of where to get a cute boy diaper bag that both hubby and I will be willing to carry?

Take care of yourself. I don't envy you with the kidney stone at all. Were you nauseated because of that? or do you think it is something else?

Keep us posted on everything and everyone. Sorry for the LONG comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party