Jax

I can't believe he is two!!!! I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. He is such a big boy these days. We had a party for him at Fun Junction on Saturday. He had a great time bouncing and eating cupcakes.

Words: He can repeat anything you ask him to...although you may not understand everything he says. Some of my favorite things he says now are: Dax (Jax), RoRo, Threese (for my mom - he started this after hearing my dad holler "Threese, Manda's on the phone," bah ball (basketball), bah bus (school bus), church, john deere.

He went for his first dentist appointment in December. Somehow they were able to actually clean his teeth...miracle of miracles! He was quite the entertainer in the waiting room. In fact, I almost took him home before they ever called us back.

He loves boxing. That's why Santa brought him his very own punching bag and gloves, of course. Santa must have known that he's been boxing our couch, chair, our backs, our legs...pretty much anything... for some time now. He'll point to the tv screen and say "Peeeze, ughhh (a sound that apparently boxers make)" We are really trying to get him to learn to only punch on the bag...but hello, he is two!! And on top of that he is waiting on his new set to come in since he's already boxed out the bag and one glove!


Jax had to go to the doctor twice for bad ear infections. Blahh. I am hoping he is over all of that now!!

He is also becoming quite the singer. He will sing with me ABC's, Tom Dooley, Sing what I sing, the Barney song, Pat the bible song, and You are my sunshine.

He also recognizes and can find in his bathtub full of floating letters almost any letter you ask him to. He's really good with A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, J, K, L, O, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z. He will point out letters in magazines or books to and call them by name.

He also started and stopped daycare. He went for 6 full days. Bless his heart. His teachers really gave him some extra attention at Tattle Tales and I loved being able to "stalk" him online, but he still just had such a hard time. He was crying so hard in the mornings, and he just seemed like a different kid! Hearing, "Mommy, no, peeze" was just about more than I could take. But when I heard him say it in his sleep, I knew that I couldn't make him go anymore. I have complete confidence that he would have eventually adjusted and stopped crying, but the truth is that he just didn't have to. His babysitter is still at my house keeping Ronin (and mourning the fact that Jax left her). And I think it was just super confusing to see his sitter in the morning and know that he couldn't stay with her. I am still a firm believer that daycare will be a good thing for him, but I think we'll wait and try it again at 3.


He got to do more boxing and some jumping and sliding at his party:

Friday was his birthday - my Mom and Dad brought him his own cake to eat on Friday.

Playing with his brother


At his party on Saturday:
His Elmo cake was made of cupcakes.




There were too many pictures to post, but here's the album so you can see them all.
PICTURES

post signature


Comments

April S. said…
Happy 2nd Birthday Jax!!! I love the video of him boxing, it is so cute!!! Looks like he loved his party too! I think we will be doing the bouncy party next year for Tatum too.
Anonymous said…
OMG, what a big boy! I can't believe our babies are 2 (well Hail is almost there). Luv ya Jax, ya doll!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party