Dope peeze

Last weekend we took our first trip as a family of 4. John and I were in the wedding party of my cousin's wedding in Batesville, Arkansas. So we all loaded up for the 3.5 hour trip. The boys were great during the drive there and back....sleeping in the hotel room was better than I expected...and my mom and dad and Lisa were next door to watch the kiddos while we were at rehearsal dinner.

Jax's most exciting part of the trip was taking my uncle back to the plane. He got to have his picture made and even sit inside before watching them take off in route back to Texas. Jax was so cute telling the story the next day....."shhhhkkkkkk (airplane noise and motion into the air), up up up up up, skyyyyyyyy."

Monday was Harlee Kate's appointment and she got wonderful news. We are so relieved that her MRI came out normal. Thanks to everyone for praying!!

Jax's appointment with the ENT was on Tuesday with Dr. Klug (whom I loved)! Jax will be having his enlarged adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears. He still had fluid (clear fluid at least) on his ears, so we know he needs some help getting that fluid to drain. I can't say when the surgery will be yet....because I've called the scheduling number about half a billion times thus far to only get voicemail. It's making me a little crazy, I'll admit. I was excited to learn that swollen adenoids can cause sleeping problems too because it affects their breathing. So I'm anxious and hopeful that Jax will return to being the excellent sleeper he used to be once this is over.

I would like to say that the trip to the doctor was the biggest disaster ever, but I'm sure it could have been worse. We made it to Southaven when Jax told me he was poopy. So we stopped at my mom's school so I could change him. Frequent poopy=red bootie=unhappy diaper changes....so that was our first detour. We got back on the road and headed to the Cordova office that I had efficiently googled and map quested. As we pulled into the parking lot, I looked in the back and Jax was throwing up a lot ... all over his pants and into my floor board. Some of you know that I've never kept a clean car...so this meant all over the piles of "must be too important to throw away" stuff in the floorboard as well. Sigh...and I had not brought one change of clothes for him. Thanks to April's blog...I knew that getting another quick appointment with this doctor would be no easy feat, so I grabbed Jax and threw him on my hip and in we went ... both smelling like puke. The doctor's office was slam packed with kids everywhere and only two seats available in the whole waiting room. I knew this was not going to go well. When I signed in, she told me I was in the wrong office. It never crossed my mind that he had 2 offices. I just knew that he was in cordova, so I googled the Cordova office. So back in the nice smelling car to Briarcrest...about 15 minutes away. I was thankful actually, because we ran to Walmart and bought some clean clothes. Then, we were the first patient on the "new computer system" so everything took just a little longer.

Jax also led a song at church last Wednesday night. We were so tickled at him. The younger boys have been leading one song each on Wednesday night. Jax was sooo interested watching them. When the preacher asked if anyone else wanted to lead, Jax jumped out of my lap and went down to the front by himself. I was shocked. He held his finger up and "led" "This Little Light of Mine." Thank goodness he waited until he was sitting beside me again to ask for "dope peeze" which of course means coke!!! I suppose he thought he was due some sort of reward! :)

Ronin is a little stopped up today, and I'm hoping it clears up rather than gets worse. Despite being under the weather, he is still his charming happy self. He is such a good baby!

Here are a few pics from the weekend:


John and Ro

John and my cousin Stephen ----so GOOD to see him!!!!

Stephen and me
Grandaddy and Jax
Jax in the plane

Daddy and me
Mom and Me

Stacie and me
John and me....yeah I took a lot of pictures myself..ha


My cousin's bride....Amy
Me and the cake
My cousin Jeep and me

Lisa, Eddie, Carl

Mom holding Jax's dinner

Ronin on his first hotel bed



post signature


Comments

April S. said…
I can't believe the craziness you had going to see Dr. Klug!!! I guess I need to clean my car out too and throw some extra clothes in the car. I can't believe you are having such a hard time scheduling Jax's surgery! Hopefully you can get through soon.

I noticed the self portraits you did, but I have been guilty of them too. However, I did laugh out loud when I saw the picture of you with the wedding cake....that one is classic!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party