Jackson Hole!!!
We hit the slopes in Jackson Hole last Thursday! It was great. We flew out at 6:00 am and were on the slopes by 2:00 that day. Karen and Brandon had the worst luck ever. Their flight was canceled because their plane was broken. Then they were delayed for 2 hours at Little Rock. It was 11:00 pm before they made it to Jackson Hole. I got slightly addicted to the Twilight series when I picked up the book at the airport. I ended up reading the whole series during spring break!! Anyway, we all stayed at the Snow King Resort, and it was fabulous to just walk out the back door and ski. The slopes were fun, but they were either pretty steep or pretty curvy. I still loved it though, and I think we all had a great time. John and I haven't skied since we went to Vancouver in December 2005!!! So I was glad that it didn't take long to pick it back up. We also got to snow tube. All 4 of us went down together and held each others tubes! We tried to spin all the way down. It was crazy. We also went to the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse to eat. It was a great meal. And the bar is pretty cool too because they have saddles for bar stools.
I will add a few pictures on this blog, but every skiier knows how difficult it is to take pictures while you are on the slopes. You have to take you gloves off, unzip the pocket, find the camera, all the while holding your ski poles, gloves, and keeping yourself still....not an easy task. Therefore, I don't have many pictures...but please do click HERE and see some gorgeous pictures from the slopes so you don't miss a thing.

John and his snowboard

The expected picture that I took of myself on the slopes!
Watching Brandon and Karen being pulled up...

As we are being pulled up to snow tube...

Looking up at the snow tubing slopes.

At Million Dollar Cowboy

Square behind us!

At Million Dollar Cowboy

I took this picture to show the elk refuge from Snow King Mountain while I was skiing. It's hard to tell, but there is a herd of about 10,000 elk just over the tree tops in the white snow.

A picture I took while skiing.

Leave it to John to find this on our trip!

This picture is not very clear, but it gives you an idea of what the town looks like surrounded by mountains!

Our picture on the square downtown!!


What is a vacation without a little pizza??? We ate at Mountain High Pizza Pie, and it was GREAT!!


Although the trip was John's birthday present, we celebrated his birthday the day after we came home. Jax and I made him a chocolate chip pie. Unfortunately WE were in a hurry to get the icing on, and didn't wait for it to cool. So we had a little bit of a mess with the melted icing, but Jax still had fun helping! And it didn't change the taste of it any!!
I will add a few pictures on this blog, but every skiier knows how difficult it is to take pictures while you are on the slopes. You have to take you gloves off, unzip the pocket, find the camera, all the while holding your ski poles, gloves, and keeping yourself still....not an easy task. Therefore, I don't have many pictures...but please do click HERE and see some gorgeous pictures from the slopes so you don't miss a thing.
Over the wing of the plane....
John and his snowboard
The expected picture that I took of myself on the slopes!
As we are being pulled up to snow tube...
Looking up at the snow tubing slopes.
At Million Dollar Cowboy
Square behind us!
I took this picture to show the elk refuge from Snow King Mountain while I was skiing. It's hard to tell, but there is a herd of about 10,000 elk just over the tree tops in the white snow.
A picture I took while skiing.
Leave it to John to find this on our trip!
This picture is not very clear, but it gives you an idea of what the town looks like surrounded by mountains!
Our picture on the square downtown!!
What is a vacation without a little pizza??? We ate at Mountain High Pizza Pie, and it was GREAT!!
Although the trip was John's birthday present, we celebrated his birthday the day after we came home. Jax and I made him a chocolate chip pie. Unfortunately WE were in a hurry to get the icing on, and didn't wait for it to cool. So we had a little bit of a mess with the melted icing, but Jax still had fun helping! And it didn't change the taste of it any!!

Comments