Turtle Parking

After Jax's surgery last week, we stopped by John's office because he needed to make some calls and send some emails before he could take us home. We were in the car for about an hour!!!! Anyway, at some point we rolled down the windows and I started pointing to things....I'm sure other parents play this game...I call it DISTRACTION..."Jax, what is that?"..."Yes, trees!"..."How many trees do you see? Can you count them?"....and so on! So at some point I ran out of distractors, and Jax pointed over at the handicap parking sign and said "Turtle." It took me a minute to see what he was referring to, and then I got so tickled. I could see why he would say that...he was assimilating it to the closest thing in his head and came up with turtle by looking at the shapes. I laughed and told him, "It's not a turtle Jax, but they do certainly travel at the same speed as turtles."

So it got me to thinking about Jax's very special vocabulary...he does have his own way of saying things!

What he's supposed to say ............Jax Language, 101
Sasa (my mom) ..................................Threeees
Grandaddy (my dad) ............................Hey
(still can't figure out how that one came about
but we all catch ourselves now and then saying
there's Hey's truck or something!!)
Melvin...................................................Nah Nah Nah
More......................................................Moe
Door ......................................................Doe
Dooley (in our song, Tom Dooley).....Dobiddey
Uncle.....................................................Appah
Coke .....................................................Dope
Poot.......................................................Poop
Excuse Me...........................................Ewww Me
Knuckles...............................................Nuh Nils
Will you hold me too (while
someone is carrying Ronin)?.............Boys!!! No, Boys!!!
Look how sweet I am to
my brother..........................................Awwwww! Mom
Iron Man.............................................Imie
I don't know.......................................Wah Wah

(his answer to anything he doesn't know, like
"where are we going today?" "wah wah")
Four.....................................................Bor
Jax.......................................................Dax
No, that is mine!................................No, Dax!!
Doctor.................................................Dot Tor
Tractor...............................................Tack Tor
Can we ride down to the creek!......Down, Down, Down
M & M................................................Em an Nem a Neese
Shots...................................................Tots
Jelly.....................................................Jewwy
Elle......................................................Ohhh
Nail......................................................No
Kiss......................................................Tiss

Okay, so the list could go on forever. But I had to get some of my favorites on there. He really is doing GREAT with new words. He surprises us every day, and there's nothing he can't repeat. He is also doing so great with potty training. He's wearing his big boy underwear every day now. His first day in them (last Tuesday) was a laundry nightmare. He tee-teed in them every time except once. But now he will go all day with sometimes zero accidents!!! and sometimes just 1 or two. So I am very proud of him.

post signature

Comments

Landon Wallis said…
So cute! I too love mack's vocabulary. I often say that it is a speech therapist worst nightmare but in its on way it is so cute. When he tries to say Coop it comes out Poop, so I am always confused about if he has pooped or he is talking about his brother. That one will definitely have to go down in the baby book!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Never Say Never!!! :)