Father's Day
We had a good Father's day! Actually it was a great weekend. On Sunday we swam, went to Target, and then to visit John's dad.
Even though we had a great weekend, the boys do have hand/foot/mouth disease. I hate that it's called a "disease" since I'm such a freak about stuff like this anyway. But they got it from Harlee Kate, and we were unable to go to church at all on Sunday. I guess it's been the best kind of sick because they've been able to swim and play like nothing is wrong. They don't have much of a rash at all anyway. Just a few red dots and a couple of blisters.
Since our friend Troy has been back home, we are always cooking some fun stuff. He came over Friday night, and we (he) made fried tacos. Saturday we swam and had grilled chicken, twice baked potatoes, and sausage/cheese plate. My parents came and ate with us on Saturday night. It was really yummy! On Sunday, we went to John's dad's house in Batesville. Jax always has fun playing with his cousins (Alexa, Elle) ... who hopefully has already had hand/foot/mouth.
Jax and I made some chocolate pudding Popsicles on Thursday night. I used to do this with my sister and my mom when we were young! We'd make coke, kool-aid, tang, and juice popsicles . . . using anything we could come up with to freeze. It was messier than I remembered, but still fun. I think it's pretty neat that we've managed to keep the same old popsicle Tupperware set for so long.
Jax got to go through his first car wash on Sunday! I wondered if he'd be like me .... Mom used to let me out of the car to stand by myself while she went through the car wash. I was terrified of them... But Jax on the other hand, said "MORE" when we pulled out of the car wash. This one is a little more fun though . . . it's one of those where you put your car in neutral and it pulls you all the way through.

Comments