The grass is always greener when it's.....greener!

I LOVE summer. I love the green grass, the hot sun, the hot hot hot sun, the long summer days when the sun is still out at 8:00, the lightning bugs, the fans running in every room, and of course the pool. So we've been having us some summer fun!

Jax is all over the pool by himself this year with the floaties. We have to keep a close eye on him regardless, because he will sometimes get a mouthful of that always tasty chlorine water. But he's loving that we are trying to swim every afternoon when we get home now. He's also been helping me to water the plants and cool off the concrete with the water hose.

On one of the rainy days, we all sat down and played with play dough. Let me just tell you...do not be persuaded to EVER by 26 jars of play-dough. I think we bought it during one of the big Christmas sales for just a few dollars, but I'd rather have spent more for just 5 jars. Jax wanted to open every single one of them. I was trying to keep it on the table or sheet, and he was constantly opening a new one. I couldn't keep up with him! By the time I put one up, he'd opened 2 more and done who knows what with them. I wasn't even sure at the end if we had it all up and accounted for or not. Ronin was playing with the empty jars on the floor. So I literally had to search for the containers and the play dough sometimes too. I would not have been surprised to find some in a shoe or a drawer. But we did have fun and even Daddy helped to make some play doug art. I wonder if anyone can guess which was his masterpiece?


The boys are having lots of fun with all the outdoor adventures. Riding in the wagon is a favorite . . . among the passengers anyway.









And then there's ball. It really doesn't matter what kind of ball. Jax loves it all. So we spend a lot of time doing this too.




And we can't forget the swing. Both of my boys absolutely love to swing. I have one of the toddler swings, so they do have to take turns right now. But I think Jax could swing for hours at a time.


And only because I never posted pictures from Easter . . . here are a few.






post signature

Comments