Lost Keys...the never ending saga



post signature

Misplacing my keys, purse, phone...well it happens regularaly. However, I usually find them pretty quickly. Not so much this time. Let's just say that it started with Jax playing with my keys and setting off the car alarm Friday night (two different times) - then I tried to put them where he wouldn't get to them again. Now they are no where to be found! Maybe I hid them really good. Or maybe I didn't hide them good enough, Jax got them again and he put them somewhere. Either way, the keys didn't leave my house ... and I didn't realize they were missing until Monday morning when I was ready to leave. I've had a key made for my car now, so I can drive again. I broke into my car with a coat hanger and confirmed they aren't in the car. I'm slowly working my way through the house looking, but nothing yet. And, all my work keys were on there. And only people that work at NWCC can understand what a hassle this part is. I feel as if I might have to get permission from President Obama to get duplicates. Duplicates by definition mean copies of the keys that I already had permission to have. Anyway, I WILL find them at some point. And then I can quit telling this long story to explain to everyone who has to give me permission to get keys, help me look for them, or make new ones from my vin number. Update: Found!! Well...one of my boys realized they took my keys out to the barn thinking they might need them if the TransAm's battery was dead. They didn't need the keys, and I guess forgot all about it. They were laying in a cabinet by the TransAm (in our storage building). The reason it took a week is because I limited myself by bribing ONLY my two year old with "treats" and searching good two year-old hiding places. If I'd only included the 30 year old boy in this investigation and bribing with "treats," I might have found them Monday instead ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party