Ro is 9 months!
Yesterday Ro hit the 9 month mark!! It is so crazy how fast he is growing. Just last week I realized that he won't be able to wear Jax's 12 month clothes because they are all winter. After trying the 18 month summer clothes, I was shocked to find out that they fit!
Stats: He will have his check-up on the 29th, so I'll post his weight/height then. But I think he's close to 20 lbs. He's such a great baby!
Sleep: He is currently sleeping from 7 pm to 8 am. Sometimes I just have to wake him up before I leave for work to get a hug. We don't have to rock this boy or anything. He's just too easy. He naps twice a day. Usually one short one (1 hr) and one long one (2-3 hrs).
Eating: He will eat anything I give him at this point. He's starting to prefer to eat finger foods that he can pick up himself. He loves apples, bananas, honeycombs, and Ritz crackers. He's also eaten a little grilled cheese and likes that too. He is starting to drink less formula since he's filling up more on foods. He had been getting 4 8oz. bottles a day. Since he's drinking less formula, we are starting to cut back on that. He loves to drink water with ice in his sippy cup. And also drinks his formula from his sippy cup. I will still fix him a bottle sometimes at night when I want to hold him and love on him. He's Mr. Independent though and likes to hold his cup all by himself.
Mobility: He's always on the go! Never content to sit in my arms for long now. He has to be pretty sleepy to sit still and cuddle with mama these days. If you hold him now, he's usually trying to climb you and dive over your shoulders. Whatever it takes to get him to the floor. He can cruise around the furniture and sometimes lets go and takes a step or two, but so far no more than that. He can stand by himself for a while though - without holding on to anything - so his balance is really good. Of course, crawling is his primary way of getting around. He can also climb. He can climb up our steps, and has also climbed on top of Jax's table. Yes, all the way on top. So quickly the "sit in one spot and play" phase has gone by.....
Play: He loves pat-a-cake. And will clap his hands when I say "yay" or he hears others clapping. He loves to be in the pool and tries to put his face in the water. He loves playing in the bath and eating (chewing on) the letters in the tub. He likes to watch his Baby Can Read program on tv (and the BEE movie).
Teeth: He currently has 4 on top and 2 on bottom - There's one on the bottom and one on the top left side that have broken through but aren't all the way out. So technically - 8 teeth.
Size - he's wearing 18 months (because that's what we had) but they do fit! He has yet to wear any shoes.
Eyes: Still blue with a touch of hazel around the pupil?! Some days they look more green. That's how his Aunt K is - some days her eyes look more green and some days more blue. I really kept thinking they'd turn hazel but so far, no.
Hair: He's got a lot more of it now! I really thought his was going to be very dark like mine, but it's been lightening up some. I'm not yet thinking he'll be a blond toddler like Jax was, but we'll see. Definitely will be a brunette...but shade is undetermined.
Talking: He will mock me, and imitate my sounds/tone. But no words yet.
Diapers - I can't believe I've kept him in disposables this long, but he starts cloth this week!
Disposition: Always happy. Laughs all the time. Truly the happiest baby ever. The teething has presented some fussy moments, but even then you could make a silly face and get him to laugh.

Stats: He will have his check-up on the 29th, so I'll post his weight/height then. But I think he's close to 20 lbs. He's such a great baby!
Sleep: He is currently sleeping from 7 pm to 8 am. Sometimes I just have to wake him up before I leave for work to get a hug. We don't have to rock this boy or anything. He's just too easy. He naps twice a day. Usually one short one (1 hr) and one long one (2-3 hrs).
Eating: He will eat anything I give him at this point. He's starting to prefer to eat finger foods that he can pick up himself. He loves apples, bananas, honeycombs, and Ritz crackers. He's also eaten a little grilled cheese and likes that too. He is starting to drink less formula since he's filling up more on foods. He had been getting 4 8oz. bottles a day. Since he's drinking less formula, we are starting to cut back on that. He loves to drink water with ice in his sippy cup. And also drinks his formula from his sippy cup. I will still fix him a bottle sometimes at night when I want to hold him and love on him. He's Mr. Independent though and likes to hold his cup all by himself.
Mobility: He's always on the go! Never content to sit in my arms for long now. He has to be pretty sleepy to sit still and cuddle with mama these days. If you hold him now, he's usually trying to climb you and dive over your shoulders. Whatever it takes to get him to the floor. He can cruise around the furniture and sometimes lets go and takes a step or two, but so far no more than that. He can stand by himself for a while though - without holding on to anything - so his balance is really good. Of course, crawling is his primary way of getting around. He can also climb. He can climb up our steps, and has also climbed on top of Jax's table. Yes, all the way on top. So quickly the "sit in one spot and play" phase has gone by.....
Play: He loves pat-a-cake. And will clap his hands when I say "yay" or he hears others clapping. He loves to be in the pool and tries to put his face in the water. He loves playing in the bath and eating (chewing on) the letters in the tub. He likes to watch his Baby Can Read program on tv (and the BEE movie).
Teeth: He currently has 4 on top and 2 on bottom - There's one on the bottom and one on the top left side that have broken through but aren't all the way out. So technically - 8 teeth.
Size - he's wearing 18 months (because that's what we had) but they do fit! He has yet to wear any shoes.
Eyes: Still blue with a touch of hazel around the pupil?! Some days they look more green. That's how his Aunt K is - some days her eyes look more green and some days more blue. I really kept thinking they'd turn hazel but so far, no.
Hair: He's got a lot more of it now! I really thought his was going to be very dark like mine, but it's been lightening up some. I'm not yet thinking he'll be a blond toddler like Jax was, but we'll see. Definitely will be a brunette...but shade is undetermined.
Talking: He will mock me, and imitate my sounds/tone. But no words yet.
Diapers - I can't believe I've kept him in disposables this long, but he starts cloth this week!
Disposition: Always happy. Laughs all the time. Truly the happiest baby ever. The teething has presented some fussy moments, but even then you could make a silly face and get him to laugh.

Comments