All good Hey's must come to an end...

Well, for a long time now Jax has been calling my Dad "Hey." It started when we had all this remodeling going on at our house. I really thought he was just saying "hey" at first because he was saying it to all the workers at our house too. But it was pretty obvious that Grandaddy was "Hey" when he started saying, "Hey, Hey." Or "Dax wants to go to Hey's house." Or "I wuv Hey and Threese." Anyway, you get the picture. Eddie had been given the name "Hey" despite his request to be called grandaddy.


Here is the brief transcript of how it happened:

7/22/09, Wednesday a.m.

Jax to John:"Hey, Hey's here."

John:"Hey. Who's here?"

Jax: "Hey's Here."

John: "Oh. Hey is here?"

Jax: "Hey. No. Grandaddy is here."


And that was it. From that moment forward, Hey has hence forth become known as Grandaddy. I have caught myself calling him "Hey" by accident. So it looks like the adults may have more of an adjustment period to the new name than Jax. I did miss it at first, because I thought it was so cute. But when I heard him say, "I wuv you too Gwandaddy.", it just melted my heart all over again and Gwandaddy became just as cute as "Hey."




post signature

Comments