Our Busy Bee, Ronin, turns 1

Ronin is 1! I can hardly believe it. The time has gone so quickly. I have had the best time watching this little guy grow. He always has a smile, and it is just contagious. He is 31 1/2 inches tall (75%) and 23 lbs (50-75%). He is saying Mama, Hi, Ya (yeah), Uh (uh-oh), Dada, hot, and trying to say Jax and Charlie. He walks and practically runs, climbs stairs on his knees. He loves bath time. No let me try that again... He LOOOOVES bath time, and he gets very excited splashing around. He still chews on the letters in the tub, but he also tries to drink the water sometimes. He plays very well by himself. He loves to look through books and play with balls. He also loves to eat. He pretty much will eat anything. He gives the sweetest hugs and kisses on request. Minds pretty well. Sleeps 12 to 14 hours a night. And is always happy!

To celebrate his first birthday, we had a "bee" party. Mainly because he has always loved the Bee movie. I think we've played it a million times. He had a great time @ his party with all the family there. But my Dad was sick, and Aunt K, Harlee Kate, & Uncle B couldn't make it due to being exposed to the swine flu. So I was sad that they missed his first party.
It is soooo funny to think that when Jax turned one, I already knew I was pregnant with Ronin. I just didn't tell John for a few weeks because I was waiting on his book to come in for the surprise. :) But at the same point in Ronin's life, I am sooo not ready for that. It's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll have a third. But Ronin is the baby that makes me want 10 more. Well not literally, but being pregnant with him....taking care of him as a newborn...taking care of him as an ACTIVE toddler...it's all been a breeze. Really. And fun.
His invitation:


Our best shot at a family photo, ha!

Jax in his matching bee shirt...


With my baby...




A slideshow of the rest of the pictures:




Also, you know that I made Jax a video for his first year. So here is the link to watch Ronin's. It is long...23 minutes or so...but super sweet.




post signature

Comments

April S. said…
Love the birthday party theme. I can't believe how fast they are growing! One day we will have to see each other's kids in person...lol

Where did you get Jax's shirt and Ronin's outfit done?
Amanda said…
Thank you! And I got their outfits online at Nanny Jo's boutique. She did a great job.