Baby #3

I am soooo very proud to say that Baby #3 is still a surprise! I followed through on my word and did not allow John to come to my ultrasounds...any of them! He is a bad influence. I have been a very good girl, and refused to look at the screen unless the tech said that it was safe.


This pregnancy has flown by, and I haven't had any real problems. I did have to get on Labetalol for high blood pressure. I went in to the doctor the day after Lisa's funeral and my blood pressure was 180/100. He said that the medicine would keep me and the baby healthier, so I gave in. The medicine has been worse on me than pregnancy. It makes me really tired sometimes. I will get tired doing random things like chewing my food or walking while talking on my phone. My muscles just fatigue more quickly. Other than that, it's been an easy pregnancy so far. I am happy to report that I passed my 3 hour gestational diabetes test this time too. It was funny because I kept asking the doctor to just write down that I had it so I could skip the awful test. I was convinced that I had it. So I was quite suprised when I passed with flying colors.


Today was my 3rd ultrasound. He wanted to check on little baby's growth. The side effect of the blood pressure medicine is that it could restrict the baby's growth. However, it has not restricted growth at all in this little one! He/she weighed over 4 lbs today at almost 33 weeks. The ultrasound showed that my due date should be June 30th instead of July 8th. My doctor didn't want to change it though. I'm sure it's probably right...the 30th...since I know that my ovulation was obviously way off the month I conceived. It was really sweet to see the little face today too in the 4D ultrasound. I told her to look first and make sure you couldn't tell the gender based on the face before I looked. She laughed at me and said they all look about the same at this point. The baby was moving sooooo much, and in some shots it looked like a girl. In other shots, it looked like a boy! I was relieved that I couldn't tell. Here are two of the shots: but I promise you every little move, from all different angles, there was no way to tell for sure one way or the other. One of the pictures is a little blurred because of movement, but they are still so sweet. Can't wait to meet our little surprise!!!






post signature




Comments

April S. said…
Wow, i can't believe you are 33 weeks already! Glad to hear everything is going great! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!
SOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!!!!!! Although, I'm really not sure I believe you :)! I can't wait to find out what it is. The second picture looked like Jax I thought! We miss you guys!
Amanda said…
Shame on you Amy Lauren!! I really, really was good. I got past that moment of wanting to know, so by the time I went in to the ultrasound there was no wavering. I didn't even watch the screen the whole time because I was scared it would ruin the surprise!! And I only looked at the face when she assured me that I could tell based on that sweet little face, haha! We need to get together soon. When I finish my classes, we need to plan something. My brain is completely fried until then.

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party