Downtown....things will be great when you're...downtown
We took the kids downtown to see their first live show at the Orpheum. We took them to the Storytime Live. The first 20 minutes were great...but then it was a little of a wrestling game with Ronin. John and I just passed him back and forth. We left when Dora came on (the last show). My kids have never been very big Dora fans. However, they loved the WonderPets and Backyardigans. It was a nice day, and the kids enjoyed getting out to do something different.

They liked watching the kids do flips on Beale. Ronin was clapping for them.


Jax was so independent and wanted to stand by himself for this picture. I couldn't help but hear my parent's warnings running through my head from my teenage years....you know, the ones where I was forbidden to go to Memphis, much less Beale Street. I get it now. I totally understand. I remember trying to assure them how safe Beale Street was since there were policeman on the street corners. Now it is very clear that they are there for a reason...and I do not look forward to having this same conversation with Jax when he is 16!!!!!!!

This was a car that was in front of us on Riverside drive. I don't remember what John said it was, but it impressed him. Ha - I'm not good with cars.




We finally put together their sand and water table that my parents gave Ronin for Christmas. They loved it...got soaking wet...and to my dismay, they kept putting the sand from the sand box side into the clear water side. I tried to show them the picture on the box...clear water means the sand stays where it is. It was to no avail. They are all BOY!!!

They liked watching the kids do flips on Beale. Ronin was clapping for them.
Jax was so independent and wanted to stand by himself for this picture. I couldn't help but hear my parent's warnings running through my head from my teenage years....you know, the ones where I was forbidden to go to Memphis, much less Beale Street. I get it now. I totally understand. I remember trying to assure them how safe Beale Street was since there were policeman on the street corners. Now it is very clear that they are there for a reason...and I do not look forward to having this same conversation with Jax when he is 16!!!!!!!

Comments