Gunnar Reece Wilson is here!
It's a boy.... she says two months after he was born!! I can't believe I am just now blogging. Wait, yes I can...I have 3 kids ages 3 and under in my house. No wonder it has taken so long. Ha!
The birth story...
I had a scheduled induction for Thursday, July 1st at 6:30 a.m. Dr. Stinson said that I was not very favorable for induction because the baby was still high and floating due to me having so much amniotic fluid. However, when we got the the hospital I was already contracting every 3 to 5 minutes on my own and I was 4 cm the first time that he checked me. I tried to be brave and go without the epidural, but the pitocin increased the pain and that kept me from dialating as fast....which means they cranked up the pitocin even more. When I finally gave in to the epidural...meaning I was screaming for the epidural...I went fast. The epidural didn't take completely, but it was enough to help! I had this one spot where I could feel pain, and my left side was not completely numb. So, I felt everything with this delivery. I called the nurse when I felt the burn and knew that I could no longer not push. I had planned for only John and I to be in the room for this birth, but I couldn't kick out my mom and karen in that moment. So they stayed again, and it felt right. ...our little boy was delivered in 3 pushes! John told me, "Manda, it's a boy!" It was a very emotional moment, and so special to have John announce that.
Our nurse said that she would never forget this delivery because we talked about minivans and the movie Eclipse the entire time. John bought me a minivan the day after we came home from the hospital. We had been thinking about it for a while and considered the Chrysler Town & Country, Volkswagon Routan, and the Honda Oddyssey. We liked the Honda the best (appearance and safety) and got the best deal on it. So funny....never thought I would drive a minivan. But I love it. It has made life so easy. Definitely the right decision.
The main drama issue at the hospital that I will never forget is that another Amanda Wilson was delivering at the same time. She also had a little boy. The entire staff was constantly asking my full name and checking the numbers on our bracelet. Needless to say, I did NOT let Gunnar stay in the nursery that night. We stayed only one night in the hospital this time.
Name: on the way to the hospital I was reading names from the baby book. I read Gunnar, and said to John "You know that this is Jax's pick for the baby." Jax had liked this name out of a list that I had read to him earlier in the pregnancy. No matter what name I came up with, Jax would always say he liked Gunnar the best. We had never thought of that as the baby's name, but John said it clicked this time. He was Gunnar. Reece had been my number one pick, so that became his middle name. Liam was my third choice. If it had been a girl, she would have been named Ayla Dahl Wilson (middle name was my Granny's maiden name and Lisa's middle name). And by the way, I was not at all disappointed to not have a girl. I was actually a little frightened by the idea of having a girl! And what is sweeter than 3 little brothers...when they are being sweet that is.
I couldn't find the wedges that I used with Jax and Ro. I used paper towel rolls until I bought new ones! I was proud that it worked.
The birth story...
I had a scheduled induction for Thursday, July 1st at 6:30 a.m. Dr. Stinson said that I was not very favorable for induction because the baby was still high and floating due to me having so much amniotic fluid. However, when we got the the hospital I was already contracting every 3 to 5 minutes on my own and I was 4 cm the first time that he checked me. I tried to be brave and go without the epidural, but the pitocin increased the pain and that kept me from dialating as fast....which means they cranked up the pitocin even more. When I finally gave in to the epidural...meaning I was screaming for the epidural...I went fast. The epidural didn't take completely, but it was enough to help! I had this one spot where I could feel pain, and my left side was not completely numb. So, I felt everything with this delivery. I called the nurse when I felt the burn and knew that I could no longer not push. I had planned for only John and I to be in the room for this birth, but I couldn't kick out my mom and karen in that moment. So they stayed again, and it felt right. ...our little boy was delivered in 3 pushes! John told me, "Manda, it's a boy!" It was a very emotional moment, and so special to have John announce that.
Our nurse said that she would never forget this delivery because we talked about minivans and the movie Eclipse the entire time. John bought me a minivan the day after we came home from the hospital. We had been thinking about it for a while and considered the Chrysler Town & Country, Volkswagon Routan, and the Honda Oddyssey. We liked the Honda the best (appearance and safety) and got the best deal on it. So funny....never thought I would drive a minivan. But I love it. It has made life so easy. Definitely the right decision.
The main drama issue at the hospital that I will never forget is that another Amanda Wilson was delivering at the same time. She also had a little boy. The entire staff was constantly asking my full name and checking the numbers on our bracelet. Needless to say, I did NOT let Gunnar stay in the nursery that night. We stayed only one night in the hospital this time.
Name: on the way to the hospital I was reading names from the baby book. I read Gunnar, and said to John "You know that this is Jax's pick for the baby." Jax had liked this name out of a list that I had read to him earlier in the pregnancy. No matter what name I came up with, Jax would always say he liked Gunnar the best. We had never thought of that as the baby's name, but John said it clicked this time. He was Gunnar. Reece had been my number one pick, so that became his middle name. Liam was my third choice. If it had been a girl, she would have been named Ayla Dahl Wilson (middle name was my Granny's maiden name and Lisa's middle name). And by the way, I was not at all disappointed to not have a girl. I was actually a little frightened by the idea of having a girl! And what is sweeter than 3 little brothers...when they are being sweet that is.
I couldn't find the wedges that I used with Jax and Ro. I used paper towel rolls until I bought new ones! I was proud that it worked.

Comments