Adam
It is hard to find the words to write this post. But Adam is gone. It was Sunday morning. I was on the treadmill exercising when Chrissi called. She asked me what I was doing and then said I'll call you back. A minute or so later, my dad called. He said, "Amanda, something has happened. I need you to come and get Jax and Ronin." I don't remember the rest of the conversation because it is all a blur but Adam had taken his own life. I think I remember screaming. I think I said something to John. And then I ran out of the house screaming. Linda Faye was standing there waiting for me. Standing beside her vehicle. Waiting. Because she already knew. I remember screaming something on the phone to Chrissi to meet me at my mom's house and take my kids. I remember she and Wendy took care of them. I felt like I was going to throw up all the way to Grenada. Maybe I did. It's all blur. A blur that came to a resounding but brutal clarity while sitting at the dining room table at Mark's house. He walked in and confirmed that Adam was gone.
I don't know how this will ever not hurt. I can only say that I lose my breath when I think about it. Literally. Lisa died in January and now we have lost her first son, Adam. Pray. Pray for Mark, and for Adam's brothers, Zach and Caleb. Just pray.
Comments