Ronin!
Well, I am so far behind on this blogging that I am not even sure where to start. I can't make it too overwhelming or I won't do it at all! So I am going to start with an update about each of my Wilson boys!!
I think I will start in the middle....with Ronin! I love this kid!! He is still 2, but will be 3 on September 17th. Currently, he is a momma's boy. They all go through phases, but right now it's me! He loves to sing songs. Some of my favorites to hear him sing are You are my sunshine, Big Rock Candy Mountain, Doe a Dear, Sing What I Sing... Earlier this year he was in one of those precious language transitions, and he sang Big Rock Candy Mountain with me. I left off the last word in each stanza and he was so cute..."One evening as the sun went down, a jungle fire was BURN-BURN (burning). And along came a hobo HI-HI (hiking), and he said boys I'm not TURN-TURN (turning). I'm headed for a land that's far away, beyond the crystal FOU-FOU (fountain). So come with me, and go and see the big rock candy MOW-MOWS (mountain). It only lasted 2 days before he began saying the words more phonetically correct! I hate missing such cute moments though!! He can say pretty much anything now! When he wants to sit with me, he will look up at me with his big eyes and say "Be-sigh you, Mama" in such a way that makes me want him to stay just the way he is forever!
But he is also tough. Really tough. Did he have a choice though?? He can take a punch from his big brother, but he can also throw one. Sometimes I just leave the room, and other times I am the ignored referee. It gets pretty crazy sometimes. They will lock up and roll across the floor, fake fight, and then inevitably somebody will get hurt. Ronin has been stuck telling me this same phrase over and over for a week..."Mama, I tell you some-in. Jax hit me in head." He says it all the time. Even when Jax is not there! But I think it gets the reaction he wants...a big tight hug from Mama.
Ronin sleeps in the bed with Jax. I have to lay down with them at night. Sometimes I feel frustrated by this routine when I have dishes to do, clothes to put up, a house to be straightened. Other times, I think it is my favorite part of the day. Many nights, I fall asleep with them and have to switch beds during the middle of the night. I prefer to not fall asleep so John and I can watch real television. :) He is mostly potty trained. He really trained himself. He told me he needed to potty one day, and that was that. He wears underwear every day, but can't make it through the night yet. He still has accidents on occasion, but only because he gets so absorbed in his play that he waits too long. He wants to wear underwear to bed so much that sometimes he sleeps with a pair on his pillow.
He started swimming without a life jacket this month (July), but he can only dog pedal. He does not really want to go under water. It is still a bit nerve-wracking to watch him, but he can do it. I try to get him to put the life jacket on, but he says "no lifejacket anymore." He can swim from one side of the shallow end to the other side (20 ft).
The best thing I will remember about his two-year old phase is his sweet talk and his singing. He melts my heart with his little "I lu you wi aww my hart, mama." The worst thing I will remember about him being two is his accident in the bed. He was jumping on the bed and hit the headboard of the bed just beneath his eyebrow. I was so upset. He really could have used stitches, but I butterfly-bandaged it. I still wonder if it would have healed a little better with stitches, but in the moment I couldn't decide what to do.
Ronin is really into superheroes! His favorite is Hulk. He takes his shirt off and in a "Hulk" voice says "Hulk smash." It's cute. He is all about getting into costume for his roles. With Hulk, he will only wear pants. But, he will also dress as Indiana Jones, Captain America, Superman, Spider-man, Crocodile Dundee, Wolverine, Thor...the list goes on... These are about the only times I can keep him clothed. He constantly strips down. He runs around the house naked, he takes off his swimming trunks or underwear while swimming and we find them on the bottom of the pool. Even though we make him put on more swimming trunks (since the wet ones are so hard to put back on), he will take them off again. It happens so often that he has NO tan line...just a tan little booty!
Here are a few pictures to catch up!

Comments