All for one...one for all birthday party!
This year I decided to have a big birthday party for all 3 kids. In January, Jax said he wanted a swimming party again. So, we postponed his and ended up doing a big superhero birthday party. I let each of them choose their own cake. Jax chose a wolverine cake; Ronin chose incredible hulk, and they selected superman for Gunnar. I ordered the edibile image frosting sheets, and Amanda Meredith came over and did the icing for me. I really thought it would be easy and take no time, but it was hard work! I can't believe how long it really takes to decorate cakes. But, she did a great job with them. I had two games for them to play. The first game was an Incredible Hulk game to see who could rip their shirt off the fastest. Second, they played a sink-the-villain game. The kids sprayed silly string at villian faced-helium filled ballons to sink them. I accidentally left the villain faces I had printed at my group on Saturday, so John had to draw faces on the balloons. It would have been better if we had more balloons for the contest, but it just didn't work out that way. John popped four of them while drawing, and it just became comical to even think about doing more. It was a fun party, and all the kids enjoyed it.
Opening presents is always the scariest part for me! I know they are just kids...but I want them to be grateful gift receivers!!! I'm always nervous that they won't show the proper enthusiasm or thanks!
Their shirts had their age on the back! Jax turned 4, Ronin turned 3, and Gunnar turned 1 in 2011!
I didn't think about the shirts needing to be different sizes!!
John drew my villains on the balloons!!
Shooting the villains with silly string!
The silly string weighs down the balloons.
But it leaves a HUGE mess!
What party is complete without a pinata?
My 3 boys in their superhero shirts!
Opening presents is always the scariest part for me! I know they are just kids...but I want them to be grateful gift receivers!!! I'm always nervous that they won't show the proper enthusiasm or thanks!
Blowing out the candles!
Their shirts had their age on the back! Jax turned 4, Ronin turned 3, and Gunnar turned 1 in 2011!
Granddaddy, Mimi (their babysitter), Grammy, Rammie
My boys love their Uncle Rex!

Comments