Gunnar Reece is 1...

It breaks my heart to do this update because I have been so behind blogging!! I have started numerous other posts with Gunnar's little milestones....I just have to finish and post them now. But yes, he turned one on July 1st. This is a sweet baby! He has been nothing but good, has the best little personality, and a sweet loving nature.
Right now, he is walking. He took his first steps on July 6th and is doing that cute beginning walk all over the house. He can say Mama, Dada, Jax, Hey there, Get that, and Sky. When there is something he wants, he points to it and says "get that." It's adorable.
He loves to be outside. His favorite thing to do is to swing in the toddler swing. He can swing for an hour and still cry when I take him inside. He doesn't love the pool. He was actually terrified of the Mickey Mouse baby float that I got him. He screamed when he was in it, and he would watch it float all over the pool with a look of terror. I finally got him to float in another baby float, but he really doesn't like it. He prefers to sit in his walker or pack-n-play by the poolside and watch us. He will play with his own toys and drink juice and be content doing that for hours. We keep him in the shade and close to a fan. With the heat we've had lately it has been too hot for him to be anywhere but in the pool with us.
He sleeps all night...usually 7 pm to 7:30 a.m. He will occasionally sleep longer and sometimes get up earlier. The past two weeks have been out of the norm because his one year molars are all coming in at the same time. It has not been fun. He is drinking whole milk now, but I still give it to him in a bottle sometimes. He is so picky with his cups, and he will throw them down if he doesn't like it. I need to just pack up the bottles so I won't be tempted to grab one in those moments. If he were really thirsty, he'd drink it out of any cup, right?? He is a pretty good eater. Not as good as Ronin was at this age, but not bad. He will try new foods, but he shakes his head "no" when he doesn't like it.
He loves his brothers! Jax is more gentle with him than Ronin. I can really see the advantage of Jax being more mature and therefore better able to elicit the fun responses from Gunnar. Ronin will try to duplicate what Jax does, but he will inevitably be too fast/loud/rough. He does try though. Jax will say to me almost everyday, "Don't we love our baby, mama?" or "Aren't we so glad to have our baby, mama?" It's so sweet.
He loves his brothers! Jax is more gentle with him than Ronin. I can really see the advantage of Jax being more mature and therefore better able to elicit the fun responses from Gunnar. Ronin will try to duplicate what Jax does, but he will inevitably be too fast/loud/rough. He does try though. Jax will say to me almost everyday, "Don't we love our baby, mama?" or "Aren't we so glad to have our baby, mama?" It's so sweet.
Gunnar is still looking like his oldest brother Jax, with the exception of the curly hair. Everyone always asks where he got the curly hair! I think my Dad had wavy hair, and my hair has never been perfectly straight. Especially when it's humid. But minus the curly hair, he is the spitting image of his daddy as a baby. No doubt about it.
Here are a few catch up pictures of my adorable baby!

Comments