Spring Break!











We remodeled during spring break this year. Well, I guess I should word it as "we started remodeling" since it is not completed yet. We had to put up a sheet to divide the front of the house from the back to keep sheet rock dust away, but that meant the boys' rooms were hard to access too. It was an adjustment to say the least. We've slept on air mattresses, all piled up in one bed, separated in groups, and I've even slept at the bottom of the bed cross-ways. Our clothes have masterfully been piled onto the dining room table, and dressers/chest of drawers are outside on the back porch. So, getting dressed has become sort of an assembly process since last week. Having 3 kids who want to "help" the workers or track through the house has been difficult....

But it has been the best spring break despite all of that. It's crazy, but the remodeling forced me out of the house to spend time with my kids. I know other moms can relate to this, but when I am home with my kids...there are dishes to do, floors to clean, bills to sort though, laundry, lunch, dinner to prepare, baths, and the list goes on. It's sad, but a lot of times I get robbed of the joy of spending time with my kids due to the normal household duties. Well last week, I couldn't mop, put up clothes, straighten closets, or really do anything in the house. I got my kids in the car quickly every morning and we headed out for adventure. All of my time was spent with my kids this year, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Monday morning, the kids were reluctant to go anywhere because they wanted to stay at the house and help the workers. However, I took the kids to visit Chrissi. They loved playing basketball outside and riding the bike. Gunnar busted his ear (of all things) on a shake-weight, but he is a tough little man. We went back to mom and dad's to fix lunch and played outside.

Tuesday, it was not difficult to convince them to leave the house. They were excited to see what fun we could have. We went to the park in town. Went to Mom's to fix lunch. We saw the Lorax. We rode around the country club on Big Green (Dad's Gator). We went to soccer practice. Then finished the day at the Mexican restaurant in Batesville for Harlee Kate's birthday.

Wednesday we went to Mom's to play that morning, and came back home to play in the sprinkler for the rest of the afternoon. Of course, we had church that night.

Thursday, Savannah came and watched the boys for a few hours while I helped Mom put down the new floor in my bedroom. Then we loaded up the car and went to Sardis. The boys played on the play ground, rode bikes, played in the sand, jumped in the water, and we had a picnic. This was probably our best day!

Friday was John's birthday. We hoped to do something fun with him, but he was engrossed in a project. Our neighbor asked him to be a mentor on his senior project of making a zombie film. :) John spent all day doing this...so we spent all day outside in the sprinkler and swinging. John is such a wonderful Daddy, the boys wanted to go to Chucky Cheese to celebrate his birthday. So we ended the day with a "family" party of 5 at Chucky Cheese.

Saturday we went to Oxford to Cloud9 to "jump" for Harlee Kate's birthday. The boys had a blast. We stopped by Karen's and played outside there before heading home.

Sunday was another outside day after church. We played in the sprinkler, sang songs, practiced ball all afternoon.

So we have been busy. And while my house looked like a complete disaster, I have had the best week with my kids. I am so blessed. And I am having major withdrawals from them being back at work today!!! And while my house could easily be reported to the health department after a week of not mopping, dusting, cleaning in this remodeling...I must admit, all the filth is worth the freedom from my home duties that allowed me to do nothing but play with kids! I am so blessed!!!


post signature

Comments

I have had so much fun catching up on your precious boys! I gave up hope on you ever updating your blog a while back and quit checking it :)! I randomly checked it tonight. It's such a shame we don't get our children together!!! We have got to plan that. Everyone is getting WAY TOO BIG!!!
Amanda said…
I gave up hope on updating my blog myself!!! :) We should get our families together. I miss visiting with y'all!!

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party