Craft Time

Jax has been asking if we can mark how tall he is on his door frame. I think he got this idea from a movie. Well, I thought it would be a fun project for us to make growth charts during Christmas break. I spent an hour at Michael's picking out little wooden themed decorations, and boards from Lowes.
Jax is my independent and artistic child. Therefore, it is not surprising that he rebuked all of the easy wooden themed decor choices. Thank goodness Karen had given me an idea to use crayon art. Jax loved this idea. He spray painted the boards and letters, and chose his crayons. We hot glued the crayons to the top of the board; then, Jax used the hair dryer to melt the crayons. Jax thought this was super cool. He even used the red paint pen to draw all the lines and write all the numbers. Ronin picked his colors and melted them with the dryer as well. But, he let his big brother draw the lines and numbers for him. Gunnar was the only one who loved mommy's original idea of wooden decorations. He chose the "wizzard" & "fwog" for his chart.
We had a blast making these!
I am adding the pictures of the finished products for now. I will add the other ones after Christmas.
The process....  

Jax and Harlee Kate spray painted the letters.




 Jax picked out his colors and glued them to the top.
 Used the hairdryer to melt the crayons.








 Jax drew lines and wrote the numbers on all of the growth charts. :) BIG BOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Never Say Never!!! :)