The Family Tree
I have said for sometime now that I was going to write this book. I finally wrote it and gave it to Mark and my mom this weekend. It is a story about a tree. We actually planted the tree the year Mark and Lisa got married. Daddy said that Mark was weed-eating to help get ready for the wedding (in our backyard) and weed-eated the bark off of the tree. According to Daddy, he chopped it down because he didn't think it would make it. But, a tiny spring came back up, and the tree survived.
So, we have always referred to this as Lisa's tree. Coincidentally, the tree split right down the middle the night that we lost Adam. Thankfully, the tree survived. Mr. Ronnie Smith came and cut the really large limbs that were on the damaged side of the tree. He had no idea how special this tree was to me, but he saved it anyway! So, I am forever thankful to Mr. Ronnie! It is a beautiful site to see this tree turn green each spring and to see that it is still surviving.
So, here is the story of the tree that I wrote. You may have to put the slideshow on slow to be able to read it. Click here to read "The Family Tree."

Comments