Goodbye to Kindergarten :(
What an amazing year we have had with Jax in 5K at MHS! I could not be more pleased with our experience. It is amazing to listen to him read and sound out words, and just to reflect back on all he has learned this year. In addition to education, he has gotten his yellow belt in karate, and played soccer and baseball. It has been a busy year. He has gone on field trips to the zoo, Cedar Hills Farm, Panola Playhouse, Back Yard Burger, and the park...not to mention a party for every holiday! He has made new friends and held tight to his best little friend, Seth Slocum. Some things that I want to remember about his kindergarten year:
- The first day of school, he said he was a little scared.
- At one point in the school year he told me that sometimes parents come to lunch to eat with his classmates, but told me that he DID NOT want me to do that at all.
- His teacher, Ms. Julie, told me that Jax truly has a sweet heart; that he is always thinking of others. She said that he is especially thoughtful during their prayer requests. She said, "I just want you to know what a sweet boy you have and how much we have enjoyed him." :)
- Ms. Tammy - He told her that he loved her almost every day, and he really does.
- Explaining to me what a "real friend" is.
- The first day he had to wear pants to school (as opposed to shorts): "Mom pleeeeease don't make me. I'm scared to wear pants. What if no one else is wearing them?"
- "Mom, we almost never beat the girls in P.E."
- "Mom, can I order every day from now on until the very last day of school?"
- "Mom, you never turn in box tops like the other moms do." Me, "I don't even understand what box tops are!"
- "Mom, why didn't I win an award for perfect attendance? It's your fault that you took me to the doctor. I'm winning it next year, and that's it. Don't even ask me about going to the doctor."
- "I can't wear muscle shirts to school ever?"
End of the Year Party - This was so fun! They had train rides, a petting zoo, turtle races, bouncy houses, playground, horse rides, pizza, bubbles...it was great! I locked my keys in the car, so I was about an hour and a half late. I missed most of the fun, but not all. :)
Turtle Races - End of the Year party
Seth, Jax, and Evan

Graduation night...bittersweet dropping him off in his class for the last time!
Jax's part, the baseball coach: "Strike three, you're out," the umpire shouts.
I hate to hear the call. The bases were all loaded. Then someone missed the ball. He did so great on this! He spoke clearly and loudly!!!
Getting his diploma from Ms. Julie
Being silly with Ms. Tammy
Seth and Jax

John Griffin and Jax

Comments