Father's Day

We had a nice weekend. Friday night I had the worst headache ever. I don't think I've ever had a headache that's made me cry until then. And John had a really bad ear infection and even missed work Friday. So we stuck around the house Friday night . . . which we usually do anyway. Saturday we both felt better, and we started cleaning out our garage. We are planning to close it in this summer, so this is step 1! I guess step 1B will be next weekend because we didn't exactly finish it, but we made a LOT of progress. Those of you that have been in our storage room by the pool . . . can you believe there is NOTHING in it? We cleaned it out 2 weekends ago, and it will be closed in to be our new exercise room.

Saturday night we went with my sister, brother-in-law to celebrate their 5 year anniversary at Two Stick in Oxford. It was 10 of us there. We loved the sushi which I've only ever eaten once before, but we had a really interesting night when they brought all of our SEPARATE orders out on 2 platters. Can you imagine? It was utter chaos trying to figure out which ones belonged to whom and I don't know that we ever got it all right. The bottom really fell out from under us when they brought one ticket, and we all had debit cards to pay with!! John was oblivious to the drama and just ate what I put on his plate and loved it. :) All in all, we enjoyed it and will remember that experience! But I think I will sit at a separate table if we go back with them. :) We also went to visit with Uncle Jerry who is in the hospital. He's recovering from a pretty bad stroke so remember him in your prayers.

Sunday we had lunch with my Dad. We got him a signed and numbered print of the Mountain Man of Castle Rock. His name is Sheldon and he is a friend of my parents' friends (The Jamisons) who live in Cody, Wyoming. They will pick up the print on their trip out there this summer. Sunday night we started our VBS at church. I can't believe Jax made it until 8:30 since he goes to sleep at 7:00. He was wild, but we survived.

Remember Lisa in your prayers this week. She meets with a doc at MD Anderson today for a second opinion. It looks like this first appointment could be anywhere from 3 to 7 days.

Harlee Kate: Isn't she getting so big???




Jax being silly!

Father's Day - John & Jax

John and Zach

Jax giving Zach some love!

Karen and Harlee Kate

Jax being silly again.


Our Father's Day picture with Daddy


Just the 3 of us!


Wow - it's crazy to see how much things have changed since last year on Father's Day. Click HERE to see the pictures from last year!!

Comments

Unknown said…
You guys look great! I love Jax's outfit. So very cute! It is amazing what a difference a year makes!

Ginnie

Popular posts from this blog

Moses the Pumpkin

Banana Bedhead....

Jax's 3 1/2 year old birthday party